Muay Thai Problem...

Posted by: newm

Muay Thai Problem... - 03/05/06 01:54 PM

I have trained jujitsu for a while now, but i just cant stop thinking about starting muay thai. I live in Bergen/Norway, and there are no muay thai clubs here. Muay thai is something i really want to train, and still continue training jujitsu. What should i do?
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: Muay Thai Problem... - 03/05/06 02:39 PM

First off, why do you want to train in MT? IS it cause you saw ong bak and thought 'oh, thats cool, I'll give it a go'?
Or is there some particular reason for it?

Anyway, on your question, either find an MT class that doesnt clash with your ju-jitsu class or choose between the two. Easy (or not)
Posted by: newm

Re: Muay Thai Problem... - 03/06/06 04:16 AM

I think that Thailand is an interesting country, and i would like to learn more about it. Thats one of the reasons i would like to learn there martial art. And by the way, i have not seen Ong bak or whatever you call it. Thanks anyway...
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Muay Thai Problem... - 03/06/06 06:36 AM

The martial art of MT has many similarities with other striking arts. If you are more interested in the fighting side of things than the cultural aspects, then I would consider finding a kickboxing/ karate/ TKD club, there's bound to be one of them. There are ofcourse differences between MT and other styles, but you will understand MT far better once you have learned a striking art to a good level.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Muay Thai Problem... - 03/06/06 12:38 PM

newm -

You may want to search for MMA gyms in Norway. Many of then use MT as the striking portion of their training. Some JKD schools do as well.