Fight Night

Posted by: TwistingKick

Fight Night - 02/23/06 10:22 AM

Hey all, i am coming up to my first boxing match, i am a bit worried as i get the feeling it may turn into a bit of a brawl, lol.

In class it is always light contact sparring which i am quite good at (if i may say so myself ) for how long i have been doing it, however i am not used to full-contact and want to make sure i have done a bit before stepping in the ring.

Basically, i was wondering if it is a good idea to spar with some of my friends who have limited experience in boxing/MA, or will it just turn into a battle of ego??
or even just let them throw the punches full power and me cover and get used to taking as little damage as possible.

opinions??

Thanx very much
Posted by: Chanters

Re: Fight Night - 02/23/06 11:36 AM

Keep it to the gym/dojo and speak to your coach/trainer about practicing full contact sparring. There you'll get better advice and pointers compared to fooling around with your mates. What if one of your friends lands a good one and cuts your face? You don't want to have a wound that could potentially re-open and cause you problems on your big night do you?
Posted by: TwistingKick

Re: Fight Night - 02/23/06 12:20 PM

I agree about asking my instrustor for advice but i cant see him allowing FC in class. My main worry is not being able to take a punch (although i will obviously try to make sure i don't have to )