dude. make Taison a mod.

Posted by: Street_Poet

dude. make Taison a mod. - 02/22/06 02:38 AM

cmon, that guy is like the MT champ here.

anyways tho...i blocked a low kick today (brung up my knee) and the impact made a gash on my shin. is this normal for these kinds of blocks, or am i doing something wrong?

Posted by: BrianS

Re: dude, don't make Taison a mod. - 02/22/06 03:16 AM

Posted by: TwistingKick

Re: dude. make Taison a mod. - 02/22/06 04:07 AM

Quote:

cmon, that guy is like the MT champ here.

I 2nd that!!!!
Posted by: Taison

Re: dude. make Taison a mod. - 02/22/06 04:54 AM

Well, regarding the block, you're supposed to push his shin away on contact. If you go bone to bone, of course it's gonna hurt. Oh, don't just bring up the knee, move forward.

The MT kick is like a katana. The closer you get to the hip, the less it will hurt. Like if you're getting swung at with a katana, it's sometimes smarter to moves towards the handle instead of the tip where the force is maximum. With a low kick, bring up your knee and thrust it at his thigh like a diagonal knee. It's one of the MT secrets, making each defense an offense.

The gash will be there for another 3 days I guess and its gonna hurt. Admit it, you're human just like the rest of us.

Quote:

that guy is like the MT champ here.

Hahahaha! Now now, don't forget we got Wildbill!

Be Well!
-Taison out
Posted by: Street_Poet

Re: dude. make Taison a mod. - 02/22/06 01:58 PM

Quote:

The MT kick is like a katana. The closer you get to the hip, the less it will hurt. Like if you're getting swung at with a katana, it's sometimes smarter to moves towards the handle instead of the tip where the force is maximum. With a low kick, bring up your knee and thrust it at his thigh like a diagonal knee. It's one of the MT secrets, making each defense an offense.

thats a great example! thanks!
Posted by: yamig

Re: dude. make Taison a mod. - 02/22/06 02:22 PM

Wow....I never knew that. That would explain why when I block with the shin it hurts like heck...
Posted by: LiLJb72

Re: dude. make Taison a mod. - 02/22/06 04:30 PM

Quote:

It's one of the MT secrets, making each defense an offense.

One I liked was when theyre trying to knee to the face, move your hand down a little to the chin area and keep the elbow straight and you will get a nice spike on the top of their knee - I do this offensively in BJJ and it is a very sensitive spot to hit on the leg, and it is a good defense in MT (so my combatives coach says)
Posted by: IronBones

Re: dude. make Taison a mod. - 02/23/06 02:30 AM

Listen to this taison guy he knows his S#&*, by the way to the new muay thai forum I have this to say