chael sonnen is mentally challenged

Posted by: hotrice

chael sonnen is mentally challenged - 10/09/11 07:22 PM

did chael sonnen really call out anderson silva after his win and said that he sucked. didn't he lose to silva.... and oh.. while on steriods. someone please correct me if i am wrong but to lose to someone is one thing, but to lose to someone and you are on steroids is another. would that make you suck
Posted by: MattJ

Re: chael sonnen is mentally challenged - 10/10/11 12:32 PM

Ha, he is certainly over the top. I was actually laughing pretty hard at his act. I don't think anyone can take him seriously - telling maybe the best P4P fighter on the planet that he "absolutely sucks", LMAO. I don't put too much into the steroid thing, though. There is no amount of steroids one can take that will increase their fighting skill level. Chael's skill is real.
Posted by: gojuman59

Re: chael sonnen is mentally challenged - 10/11/11 10:55 AM

I agree. Chael is a great fighter.The rest of his life appears to be a train wreck, but he probably has the best chance right now to beat Silva.Also, Silva is at the top of the pile as far as P4P. I just wish he had somebody to push him.Chael showed the world that Silva could be beat. He just let off the gas late in their fight.Big mistake.

Mark
Posted by: Dereck

Re: chael sonnen is mentally challenged - 10/12/11 03:06 PM

Love Sonnen; he brings the fight to the fighter; and he entertains.
Posted by: TeK9

Re: chael sonnen is mentally challenged - 10/14/11 02:53 AM

Agree, I love the way Sonnen fights and his press conferences are hilarious. He didn't show that Silva can be beat...because he didn't beat him. What he exposed was Silva's weakness which is wrestling but as we all saw his background in BJJ overcame that.

Dereck, I still disagree with you having a bjj background is a bigger advantage in MMA than having a wrestling one.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: chael sonnen is mentally challenged - 11/02/11 06:52 PM

Why would you actually think he's serious? His antics are purely to draw attention to himself, rile people up, and hype his fights. He wants to be the villain who everyone wants to see Silva trash. That's how he get's big fights and stays in title contention. In real life he's nothing at all like his UFC persona. I have friends who train with him all the time. He's helping one of my buddies train for a fight for free as the fight is for a charity. He's a great guy and really intelligent in real life. The money laundering thing was a big mistake, but we've all screwed up. The steriod use is due to a medical condition and was made known before hand but not i nthe proper manner to the proper authorities. He was on testerosterone replacement therapy for his fight with Brian Stann too, and he told people. It's not something he's trying to hide to get an unfair advantage he has to take the stuff to compete and be healthy in general and they're letting him for that reason. Get off Anderson Silva's nuts Hotrice he's a big boy, he doesn't need you to defend him and fight his battles for him. Silva can fight his own battles just fine clearly. Tek-yes wrestlign is a bigger advantage, Sonnen is just bad with geometry. laugh