Steven Seagal invented the front kick?

Posted by: Zombie Zero

Steven Seagal invented the front kick? - 02/09/11 03:25 PM

Interview with Steven Seagal post UFC 126

What goes on in that head of his?
Posted by: Cord

Re: Steven Seagal invented the front kick? - 02/09/11 04:01 PM

He perfected it on Kelly le Brocks face frown

Seriously, I have a deep personal hatred of this guy. John Lennon gets shot and Seagal lives? Proof that there is no god right there mad
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Steven Seagal invented the front kick? - 02/09/11 06:43 PM

I bet he believes his own lives at this point.
Posted by: Mark Jordan

Re: Steven Seagal invented the front kick? - 02/09/11 06:59 PM

ROFL. He's so serious about saying he invented the kick...And why is he whispering?
Posted by: Matakiant

Re: Steven Seagal invented the front kick? - 02/10/11 11:51 AM

I can't look at the videos with my slow internet at rush hour.. But judging by the text and posts sounds pretty ridiculous anyone would believe that.

Considering that many martial arts techniques have been invented and reinvented through out history simultaneously in many different styles, places by many different practitioners.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Steven Seagal invented the front kick? - 02/10/11 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Cord
He perfected it on Kelly le Brocks face frown

Seriously, I have a deep personal hatred of this guy. John Lennon gets shot and Seagal lives? Proof that there is no god right there mad

I know it's off topic and I am guessing Cord wasn't being totally serious (I think!), and I am not trying to suggest JL deserved to get shot or that Seagal is a "better" person but JL by many accounts wasn't a saint either. In fact both those guys have been accused of doing similar things (i.e. spousal abuse). They both seem like a$$holes IMO. No one is perfect.

Anyways, it's hard to take Seagal seriously, even if he was being serious. He learnt a front kick from some Karate folks and he apparently added his own special twist to it that makes it totally deadly and unique. Additionally, he has shown that kick to AS a year and a half ago but it's only coming out of the locker now?? I'm surprised Seagal didn't take Andersons belt off him and declare Steven Seagal to the be the new champion.

On the positive side, he did say MMA was bringing a lot of attention to martial arts which was a "good thing" and it was helping to demonstrate the sort of stuff that does work "in the real world".

Re: Steven Seagal invented the front kick? - 02/10/11 01:35 PM

But its only a couple of years ago that he was dissing MMA for not being 'real' fighting and criticising the athletes!!! Now he is so far up Silva's butt that he needs a torch to find his shoes!! mad

Oh and having taught Silva his 'new deadly' front kick, he will now be teaching it to Lyoto Machida!!! A guy who's family have their own interperatation of shotokan karate that he has been learning since he was a sperm, is going to have his front kick improved by a fat delusional aikidoka!!!!! crazy crazy crazy mad
Posted by: xena

Re: Steven Seagal invented the front kick? - 02/14/11 04:25 AM

what are u trying to say???????????

Re: Steven Seagal invented the front kick? - 02/14/11 05:49 AM

That Seagal is a dishonest, delusional, shameless, attention seeking, washed up joke of a human being