GSP vs Josh Koschek?

Posted by: Neko456

GSP vs Josh Koschek? - 12/13/10 10:58 AM

I know Josh was trying to hype the fight but he sure made an ass of himself. On the UFC show as coaches and promoting the fight. I guest with his back ground he is use to people thinking he is the Bad boy.

Anyway another example of training 2 years to strike against a guy that been striking most of his career. Bad choice to try stand up against GSP I think you need to mix it up, (but he is good at that too) few are better strikers. I think people with naturally heavy hands can give him trouble standing. People like BJ and Serra but when GSP changes up things he beats them hand down too.

I hate that this will be the last we see of 33 yr old Josh Koschek in a Championship fight, even in defeat he fought a pretty good fight. But I have to admitt I did like GSP slaming Josh on his face. All that crap he talked he deserved it, I don't like his personality but I do like watching him fight, thats Josh I'm talking about.

GSP is the Man I admire the way he handles himself in and out of the ring. I like the way he coached his team to ignore all the childs play and just kick butt in the ring.

Posted by: Cord

Re: GSP vs Josh Koschek? - 12/14/10 12:42 PM

Agreed on th whole, though I think it worth considering the following.

The trouble is that last time they fought, Koscheck got completely owned on the ground, outwrestled by a, on paper, inferior wrestler. He had nowhere to go other than striking, and he got spanked at that too.

As for it being JK's last title shot, I dont think it will be.

GSP is now in the position of having nobody to fight. He has beaten all legitemate contenders in the division, and the matchmakers are going to have trouble making fights that sell tickets involving GSP.

I think what will happen is that GSP will now go dormant for 18 months, maybe even relinquish his belt, while he bulks up gently to 185lbs, to take a run at Anderson Silva in a fight of the generation.

This will leave the 175 division open for some great fights among some evenly matched and exciting fighters. I predict that we will see Koscheck and Dan Hardy trash it up for a fight for the vacant title in 2011.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: GSP vs Josh Koschek? - 12/15/10 06:05 PM

No Koscheck just spends all his time trash talking instead of actually, you know, training. didn't see the fight but I am incredibly happy about it
You guys should see this: http://www.talk-sports.net/mma/sucks.aspx/Josh_Koscheck.

Isn't it great?! lol
I'd personally like to see another Leben-Koscheck fight.
Posted by: Mark Jordan

Re: GSP vs Josh Koschek? - 12/16/10 02:23 AM

GSP although very boring in his last few fights is the best wrestler in the UFC. He has exceptional stand up striking skills. It's hard to imagine Koschek taking GSP down in close quarters.

This was a really good fight -a classic case of good vs. evil. It was nice to see St. Pierre out wrestle Koschek.
Posted by: Neko456

Re: GSP vs Josh Koschek? - 12/22/10 01:21 PM

Cord wrote - This will leave the 175 division open for some great fights among some evenly matched and exciting fighters. I predict that we will see Koscheck and Dan Hardy trash it up for a fight for the vacant title in 2011.

456 - Josh better horn up his wrestling because he don't want to stand up with that hands of stone striker. Damn for a skinny guy he hits fast hard and accurate. I rememebr what he did to the Irish handguarade, wow!!!