Rampage v. Machida

Posted by: Kathryn

Rampage v. Machida - 11/20/10 08:53 PM

I'm hoping for a post-fight breakdown from someone here, because I will miss tonight's fight card. But I'm pulling for Machida!
Posted by: Cord

Re: Rampage v. Machida - 11/25/10 03:11 PM

Rounds 1 & 2 Machida suffered a touch of the 'Anderson's' ie, he was clever, but very negative, effectively using excellent footwork to run away from Rampage, who pressed forward with aggressive punch combo's, but inexplicably no kicks, so hit mostly air.
Round 3, Machida woke up, and got the better of the action, rocking Rampage, but never coming close to finishing him. Rampage recovered and it went to the judges, who correctly gave a close decision to Rampage for octagon control and agression.
It was a boring fight, and I look forward to a rematch when they actually want to earn their money.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Rampage v. Machida - 11/25/10 05:16 PM

Agreed a boring fight.

When I first watched the fight I thought Machida had won and the judges flubbed. Rounds 1 and 2 were close but the 3rd round definitely was Machida. However after now watching it a few time most definitely the judges got it right with Rampage winning 1 and 2; while rather close but correct. With 2 rounds to 1 for Rampage he was the clear winner.

Rampage felt he did not fight to his potential and basing it on the last round felt he lost. Dana White and others disliked this and even they saw that the correct person won. I've read Dana is not even planning a rematch but that can always change.

Machida lost that fight, Rampage did not win it. Machida had the ability to win but he did not fight enough to win it in the first two rounds. Rampage was the aggressor and while Machida did get some nice leg kicks in he was controlled a lot against the cage, foot stomps and a wild Rampage throwing down against a moving Machida. While Machida may have seen this as playing safe it turned out to be a boring fight and he is becoming less of a fan favorite. We need the Machida that won against Rashaad to fight not a lesser clone of Anderson Silva who has his own problems and mixed views.