Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Butterbean video

Posted by: MattJ

Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Butterbean video - 09/18/10 07:49 PM

Score on for the world's strongest man!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/9/18/1696944/mariusz-pudzianowski-vs-eric#comments
Posted by: Cord

Re: Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Butterbean video - 09/19/10 05:41 AM

Wow!! Big changes and improvements by Marius. You can tell that he has finally chosen, and let go of his strongman training. He is still a big guy, but his whole physique has changed in a similar way as you can look at old footage of Lesnar in the WWE, then look at him now, and see the differences that the change in nature of training have led to.

His footwork is 100% better, he looks more relaxed, and has developed lateral movement, and its not too shabby. Some nice combo's in range, and all together looked like he wanted to be there. Good signs.

Now the downsides. I smell a rat. Butterbean may well be past what prime he had, but he was landing those jabs at will, then suddenly eased off, and didnt even attempt a swing with his wrecking ball of a right. Marius was not doing enough to make a stand up guy with that much experience shell up early.

I know that Butterbean was never the strongest MMAist, and was/is better suited to pure striking, but I also know he has had enough MMA experience to not do a 'Toney' and just lie there eating a beating without even trying to regain his feet, or even try for guard. Marius had no position or control of his body, he just chose to lay there and get TKO'd.

Definate improvement in the skills on display by Marius, but I believe this was a high profile hometown work to re-ignite interest in his MMA career.

Hope I am wrong, and if I am, its time for Butterbean to retire.

Posted by: Dereck

Re: Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Butterbean video - 09/19/10 01:44 PM

I wasn't overly impressed; it looked very amateurish. Pudz's physique has definitely changed and he didn't seemed gassed at the end after throwing all of those hits but the hits didn't to me seem very hard. And I expected more out of Butterbean; I've seen him fight before and that just wasn't him. What will the future hold for either?
Posted by: trevek

Re: Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Butterbean video - 09/20/10 04:54 PM

I thought those punches went through Pudzian's guard quite easily. Also wondered if the ref should have stepped in sooner.

Did anyone see the saleta fight on this bill?
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Butterbean video - 09/21/10 04:52 AM

That link is dead now here's another:

http://www.mmavista.com/videos-serious-m...deo-t29222.html

Hey Cord, see what happens when someone stops all that silly weight lifting malarky and starts training to be a martial artist? Huh, do ya? Just need to get him moving extremely slowly and doing tai chi and he'll be a killer! wink

Re: Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Butterbean video - 09/22/10 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Gavin
Hey Cord, see what happens when someone stops all that silly weight lifting malarky and starts training to be a martial artist? Huh, do ya? Just need to get him moving extremely slowly and doing tai chi and he'll be a killer! wink

Yes Gav, and maybe when he masters the esoteric chi-blast we will see the 1st no touch takedown defence too wink
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Butterbean video - 09/22/10 04:00 PM

I wasn't exactly impressed by Pudzianowski. I mean, he's definitely improved, but he's never going to be a top tier heavyweight, and may only have a couple of fights left before he nears retirement age.

But has he been watching Randy Couture footage? That single was straight out of Couture-Toney, and its hardly a common takedown in mma.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Butterbean video - 09/22/10 06:13 PM

Surprisingly Butterbean said that within 2 years nobody will be able to stop Pudzianowski. Yeh, sure, this coming from somebody that was a nobody and still is.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/266145/Butterbean-In-two-years-Pudz-will-be-unbeatable/

Re: Mariusz Pudzianowski vs Butterbean video - 09/23/10 04:44 AM

Well, while in pro fighting he may be 'nothing' , you can tell him- I'll hold your coat and cheer you on from a safe distance wink

Butterbean has become involved in MMA fight promotion in the US, and one can only presume that he will be looking to bring Marius over the US for his fight cards, and Marius will be looking for a foothold from where to get noticed by Dana, so its mutualy beneficial for Bbean to hype Marius after this fight.