Tag team MMA........wtf?

Posted by: MattJ

Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/15/10 03:56 PM

I.............speechless.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/1/15/1253275/tag-team-mma-at-the-7-20-min-mark#comments
Posted by: XxTaexKidxX

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/15/10 05:06 PM

Oh my god, and now here comes the flare. v.v
Posted by: Cord

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/16/10 05:06 AM

T think that's fantastic!! cool Seriously, I thought the rules looked like a progression of a training drill that someone said 'hang on a minute - that might be fun!!', and I couldnt agree more smile
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/16/10 02:29 PM

Absolutely stupid in my opinion. MMA isn't suppose to be a circus act like this. One on one match ups, that is enough. I don't see this going forward.
Posted by: duanew

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/16/10 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Dereck
MMA isn't suppose to be a circus act like this.

It's just suppose to be a circus with tatoos, smoke, rock music, bad behavior, profanity and advertising for the "Condom Locker" on their butts...your right, much more dignified.

Duane

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/17/10 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: duanew
It's just suppose to be a circus with tatoos, smoke, rock music, bad behavior, profanity and advertising for the "Condom Locker" on their butts...your right, much more dignified.

Not sure how rock music and tattoos make anything lack dignity, but I do tire of all the attitude before, and bad taste celebrations after, fights. I think the sponsorship placement you mention is kinda funny though wink
Posted by: drgndrew

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/17/10 05:40 AM

we all knew deep down that this was going to happen one day.

hey I'll admit, i didn't no whether to laugh, cry or cheer.

I think it could be a lot of fun participating and watching
Posted by: duanew

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/17/10 07:46 AM

Loud rock music played as the competitors enter ala the WWF-yeah I'm old. Tattoos-historical reference in the olden days if you wanted to see a man or woman covered in tatoos you went to the circus and scoped out one of the freak shows. WAIT-some of my best friends have tattoos-it was a cryptic reference.
Please no tantrums from the tatt'ed thousands.

Duane

I don't know what they get paid for the logo...but no thank you.

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/17/10 11:21 AM

If you wanted to see tattoos you could just as easily have gone to the docks, or even to an Anthropology section of a museum. Extreme coverage (95-99% body suits) still feature in the Jim Rose Circus ('The Enigma' was the worlds most heavily tattoo'd man at one point, and reached fame with them, though he did have an act, it was not enough on its own to warrant his place), and certainly, outside of the orient, heavily tattoo'd women still raise the occasional eyebrow (my wife's full back coverage always gets a lot of attention, albeit largely positive).

A bit of tribal on an MMAist's shoulder has more to do with a lineage of warrior tradition, be it the polynesian warrior's Tao, or the Celt's and Gael's going to battle stained with woad, than a depression era Bearded Lady act wink

As for rock music making you think of the WWF/E , seeing as how the 'superstars' of that organisation spend hundreds of hours involved with Childrens charities, as well as visiting our troops, I can only say I wish the UFC was more like them, as it would have a great deal more dignity by following that example.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/19/10 07:57 AM

Looks like the tagged guy can only help for 5 seconds? Odd that they didn't go for more takedowns.

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/19/10 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: MattJ
Looks like the tagged guy can only help for 5 seconds? Odd that they didn't go for more takedowns.

I would be interested in seeing closed fist strikes in the mix - you get double overhook clinch, your partner taps your back and then comes in for 5 seconds of clean undefended face punches. Goodnight vienna wink I'm teeling you, this format could be a real spectacle cool
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 01/24/10 02:22 PM

wth was that....doesnt work with the octagon, maybe if it was in a ring
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Tag team MMA........wtf? - 02/02/10 09:25 AM

complete waste of time, thought id just let you know