TUF 10 finale *SPOILERS*

Posted by: MattJ

TUF 10 finale *SPOILERS* - 12/06/09 01:33 AM

Some surprising twists tonight!

Damn shame about Marcus Jones. I was really hoping he would win, but Mitrione showed a lot of class after the fight.

Excellent action with the Veach/Edgar fight. Very impressed with Veach, despite the loss.

Schoonover has got a good chin and some good cardio, but there are only so many hits one can take. Props to McSweeney.

WTF Bones Jones! How could he not know that elbow spikes are illegal?! That would have been an easy win for him.

How about Kimbo's domination of Houston in the clinch? Weird that neither one of them wanted to engage in the first round, but the second round had me out of my seat with Kimbo's brutal slam. Too bad for Houston, who is a genuinely good human being. I do want to know what judge had it scored 30-27 for Kimbo. How the hell could anyone give Kimbo round 1? Houston should have won by points, but I guess the judges didn't want to reward Alexander for the Kalib Starnes v:2.0 style strategy.

And how about Roy Nelson's decisive KO of Shaub! I didn't think Roy would win on the feet like that. Frank Mir better watch out.

Not a bad card overall.
Posted by: medulanet

Re: TUF 10 finale *SPOILERS* - 12/06/09 06:16 PM

Jon "Bones" Jones is the truth. He has the greatest upside/potential of anyone in the light heavy weight division.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: TUF 10 finale *SPOILERS* - 12/07/09 05:00 PM

From MMAWeekly.com

MMAWeekly.com has obtained the fighter salary information from the Nevada State Athletic Commission for the Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale featuring the Roy Nelson and Brendan Schaub in the season’s final fight and the Octagon debut of Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson, which took place on Saturday, Dec. 5, at The Pearl at The Palms in Las Vegas.

The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that promoters are required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions, including the winners' bonuses.

Although mixed martial arts fighters do not have collective bargaining or a union, the fighters' salaries are still public record, just as with every other major sport in the United States. Any undisclosed bonuses that a promoter also pays its fighters, but does not disclose to the athletic commissions (specifically, pay-per-view bonuses, fight of the night bonuses, etc.), are not included in the figures below.

In the listings below, "Main Event Fighters" are defined as fighters who compete in the main event of a show. "Main Card Fighters" are defined as fighters whose fights appear on the main card, but not in the main event. "Preliminary Card Fighters" are defined as fighters whose matches take place before the main card goes on the air, regardless of whether or not those matches end up airing on the TV or Internet broadcast.

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

-Roy Nelson: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Brendan Schaub: $8,000

-Matt Hamill: $46,000 (includes $23,000 win bonus) def. Jon Jones: $20,000

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

-Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson: $25,000 (no win bonus) def. Houston Alexander: $13,000

-Frankie Edgar: $46,000 (includes $23,000 win bonus) def. Matt Veach: $5,000

-Matt Mitrione: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Marcus Jones: $8,000

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

-James McSweeney: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Darrill Schoonover: $8,000

-Jonathan Madsen: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Justin Wren: $8,000

-Brian Stann: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) def. Rodney Wallace: $6,000

-John Howard: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus) def. Dennis Hallman: $15,000

-Mark Bocek: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) def. Joe Brammer: $5,000

ULTIMATE FIGHTER 10 FINALE DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $351,000

ULTIMATE FIGHTER 10 AWARDS & BONUSES
(Each fighter was awarded $25,000 per award, which is in addition to his disclosed salary.)

Fight of the Night:
-Frankie Edgar vs. Matt Veach

Knockout of the Night:
-Roy Nelson

Submission of the Night:
-Mark Bocek

Re: TUF 10 finale *SPOILERS* - 12/07/09 05:07 PM

I enjoyed the fights. Canadian Mark Bocek had an excellent submission from the standing position. Roy Nelson finally impressed me with the knock out but I suspect that will be hard to follow up. Sucks for Jon Jones because he dominated the fight; he should have known better. I disagree with Hamill getting a bonus for the win. Regardless if Jones did not use the illegal elbows he would have destroy Hamill. Frankie Edgar is awesome and I really think he is moving in the right direction. Kimbo vs. Alexander; horrible. What was Alexander thinking? And where was that killer instinct and attack that we have got used to seeing? Not trying to take anything aways from Kimbo because he did have that powerhouse slam, but Kimbo could not beat a better opponent and Alexander is not one of them. I suspect he is on his way out, a stepping stone no longer required.

Re: TUF 10 finale *SPOILERS* - 12/08/09 10:07 AM

Even more reason to be glad the Bocek won:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/12/7/1189494/fact-check-on-controversial-ufc#storyjump

Joe Brammer wore a shirt sponsored by a company with fairly obvious neo-nazi connections. Read the link about the UFC's actions during the broadcast. Very weird, and Dana needs to clarify this ASAP, or I will have a big problem with the UFC.

And check out the FightMetric stats from the Kimbo fight:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/12/8/1190594/fightmetric-report-for-kimbo-slice

Looks like Kimbo did win fair and square!

Re: TUF 10 finale *SPOILERS* - 12/08/09 12:46 PM

That neo-nazi $hit I can do without. That he wore a shirt that had ties to this just means he's an ignorant idiot among ignorate idiots. And if the UFC knowing this allowed it and did give it air time, then count them among the ignorant idiots.

As for the Houston/Kimbo fight; I thought Kimbo won it as well though not by the numbers the judges gave it. Houston "may" have one the first round just because Kimbo didn't do anything however the takes downs and power slam and showing more the aggressor, for what little he was, that was enough to win it.

Re: TUF 10 finale *SPOILERS* - 12/08/09 07:17 PM

Looks like the UFC got the message about their neo-nazi sponsors, and dropped them immediately:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/12/8/1192132/zuffa-bans-hoelzer-reich-as-a
Posted by: Neko456

Re: TUF 10 finale *SPOILERS* - 12/09/09 05:25 PM

Matt Hamill: $46,000 (includes $23,000 win bonus) def. Jon Jones: $20,000

For what??? I like Mat the hammer Hamilli his standup has improved greatly and he a great wrestler but he was solidly defeated. I think the DQ was almost the referee fault trying to give Mat a chance to recover. Before the violations Mat was not bettering his position and barely defending himself.

The referee changed his ruling from taking a point away (which was fair) and is what I've seen happens usually when I've seen this illlegal technique used.

It is rare to see Mat dominated like that, but he did not win that fight and I don't see how you can be proud of a win like that.

But rules are rules, I think that in situations like this violations of the rules should cost you some of your purse. Not change the results of the fight unless the person injuried was winning and the violation repeated after being warned. If the violation was malicious and used to change the results of the fight. I don't think you should get a bonus for getting whipped.

Rogan stated that John was trying to Con the referee into stopping the fight, Mat was down there a lon time taking shots before the last 2 or 3 down elbows came.

How did Kimbo avoid those knees, but he did that was a good win for him.

Roy surprised me his standup was better then we thought.