My first BJJ tournament

Posted by: Xibalba

My first BJJ tournament - 10/18/09 05:18 PM

Hey all,

I competed in my first BJJ tournament this past weekend. I have been training in BJJ for 2.5 yrs, and have been a blue belt for 3 months. I didn't win a match :(, but I had fun and learned some things (which is really the point). The competition was tough, but it made me hungry for the next one!

Here is a video of my longest and closest match. I am wearing the blue gi. Feel free to comment.

Peace,
Mike
Posted by: MattJ

Re: My first BJJ tournament - 10/18/09 05:29 PM

Hey Mike! Thanks for sharing - I know exactly how you felt putting that one up, LOL. Lots of good back-n-forth there. Were you guys laughing at each other with the dueling leg locks? laugh

Some good sweeps and positional control there! Your posture is much better than mine, I really need to work on that.

Nice job, and nothing to be ashamed of.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: My first BJJ tournament - 10/19/09 01:29 AM

As long as you had fun fantastic. My first BJJ tournament I went 2-5-1 but the experience was amazing. I also found that because of competing my game went up, and I suspect yours will as well. Now you can analyze the matches you were in, see some areas to improve and then work towards that. Excellent job and thanks for sharing.