Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa

Posted by: MattyChi

Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa - 04/29/09 01:25 AM

incase you can't tell......EXCITED.

"Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White made good on his promise to land a significant fight for suddenly under siege middleweight champion Anderson Silva, telling Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday that he had signed a deal for Silva to face ex-light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin in the co-main event of UFC 101 in Philadelphia on Aug. 8."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-silvagriffin042909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa - 04/29/09 09:42 AM

Griffin will be a tough match for Silva. He is much more aggressive than Silva's past few matches. Silva will have some challenges in the 205 division, if he stays there.
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa - 04/29/09 12:04 PM

silvas alot more talented than Forrest should be an easy fight even up at 205, the only talent Forrest really has lies in his work ethic and basics
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa - 04/29/09 12:39 PM

LOL That's what everyone thought about Rampage. We'll see, bro.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa - 04/29/09 01:39 PM

Well, I think Griffin's abilities are undrestimated, and his credibility somewhat dismissed by his 'celebrity' status.
The fight with Bonnar may well have defined him in the public eye, but since then, his game has improved consistently, and I see no reason why he couldnt be the guy to cause Silva some real problems.

The truth will be revealed on fight night, but the one thing we can be sure of is that it wont be a 'quiet' chess match
Posted by: SifuHax

Re: Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa - 04/29/09 04:14 PM

I think Silva will win. The only reason this fights happening is because Griffin is a bash 'em up fighter. Thales was a grappling fighter and White hated the no-action. Silva v Griffin will be an action packed brawl with Silva holding his belt high over the arena. I can't wait to see it.

WHERE'S THE GSP V SILVA FIGHT?!?!?!?!?
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa - 04/29/09 05:35 PM

Griffin has been under estimated over and over. He has great work ethic and it is my hope that he puts up a good fight to not only make it exciting but to give everybody including himself that chance that he might win; and he does have a chance. However I don't see his skills at the level of Silva and while Silva's last fights are in my opinion a poor showing, I think what the fighter he is up against is what he gives back; and Forrest Griffin WILL bring it. I foresee that Silva will as well.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa - 04/29/09 08:18 PM

One thing nobody's mentioned yet is Forrest's size. He isn't just a light heavyweight, he's a big one at that. The guy must walk around at 225lb no problem. I respect the skills of Silva a lot, and think he is a more polished striker and ground guy, but in the clinch I think Forrest will be the first guy to really give Silva problems- he did really well against Jackson in the clinch, and even Evans found him tough to take down. Training at Xtreme Couture can't hurt your clinch game either!

I think it's a great match-up, and at the moment couldn't pick a winner. Forrest's fighting style may play right into the hands of a savy counter-fighter like Silva; but as I am well aware of in my own counter-fighting pace-reducing style, guys who really know how to turn the heat up and can go 100% all 3 rounds are like kryptonite- we've all seen how Guida can simply tire out his opponents, and Griffin shows the same ability in many of his fights.
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa - 05/05/09 11:56 AM

Quote:

LOL That's what everyone thought about Rampage. We'll see, bro.

Anerson Silva can't be compared to Rampage who is tough but mostly a two dimensional fighter boxer puncher and pound anf grounder. Silva game is complete great stand up and very good ground game even heavy handed on the ground.
Remember this is the guy that Choked out tough ass Dan Henderson after Henderson thought the ground might be safer and Silva KO'd the Iron chin Crippler .

I admire Griffin but Forrest likes to takes too many shots then he starts to fight, bad bad news against Silva bc then comes the RAIN!! Lights out. I think Forrest will make him fight but that ain't good for FG. But anythings possible.
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa - 05/05/09 12:54 PM

Forrest has upset fighters before. Just to name a few Shogun and Rampage. Forrest is good but Silva is better. I don't see him knocking him out easily though.

I say Silva wins via decision.
Posted by: Biohazard74

Re: Yes yes yes yes yes yes, Griffin and Silvaaaaaaaaa - 05/09/09 02:13 AM

I still give the edge to Silva but think Griffin has a very good chance as well. He will be the way bigger guy at that weight and is no push over. I think Silva has the better chance of winning but will have to actually work to achieve this win.