UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube.

Posted by: Neko456

UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/02/09 02:09 PM

UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube.

I founded the UFC 92 results shocking but proves that in this sport anything can happen. 1st let me say that the Nog vs. Mirs fight was a shock with me thinking that Nog had an edge standing or on the ground. Mirs tighten up his stand up game and Kodos to Mirs for not jumping into Nogs guard until you knew he was hurt, very smart fight. I still like Nog after seeing him as coach on the UFC team. Mirs is cool too. Wacthout champ here comes Frank again, this time you can't stand with him.

The Griffin Vs. Rahsad fight was close I think Forest put too much stock in his chin and was way to relax on the ground. Standing I think the Champ was beating Rashad with his legs high and low. Seemed like Rahsad was getting tried asorbing those leg kicks and blocking the head kicks. Forrest is still a champ in my books he just got to stop thinking he loves getting hit, so much. The new champ came down from heavyweight and can hit.

Another outcome I couldn't fore see was Silva the Axe murder Vs. Jackson fight. Having beaten Jackson twice very convincingly I didn't think Jackson had a chance and was just waiting to be clinched and kneed out again. Wrong or maybe right Silva was waiting for that chance but forgot to keep pulling the trigger from outside. Jackson's developed better striking skills since their last fight and standing on the outside not leg kicking and punching gave Quntin a strikers chance. Some on youtube saw Chuck Liddels dislike of this outcome think this was a racail thing, I was shocked by the replies on Youtube. Whereas I just saw it as Chuck feeling like he has a better chance at beaten Silva who he had just beaten rather then the bigger Jackson who beat him twice.

There was a lot of racail talk on the Youtube blougs I don't understand that because wheather you are Black or White, Hispanic or Asain unless you put in the sweat and time in training it ain't got nothing to do with what you can do or what race you are. It has all to do with how much you sweat and train. Why waste time on hate?
Posted by: Glockmeister

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/02/09 03:05 PM

I was disappointed Wandy lost
Posted by: Kravinatrix

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/02/09 03:14 PM

I was incredibly happy
Rampage has improved much since pride.
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/02/09 04:37 PM

i bet £30 on rampage to win

Posted by: MattJ

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/02/09 05:00 PM

I was wrong about Mir and Rampage, had them both figured to lose. Only one I did call right was Evans over Griffin. Crazy night, but some good fights!
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/03/09 06:47 AM

Quote:

I was incredibly happy
Rampage has improved much since pride.

Everyone says this but I just honestly jut can't see it. He's done shell blocking for years, the only reason he landed the hook was because Silva hesitated at something in the middle of his combo and stayed in the pocket, the danger area.

Honestly, I actually cannot spot what Jackson does differently now to what he did in Pride, unless you're talking about pressing the fight more or better clinch control.

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/03/09 08:06 AM

i think rampages biggest improvment is in his boxing

what do you mean by shell blocking? you mean using your arm to block hooks? if you do that is damn effective
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/03/09 09:49 AM

Yep, that's what I mean by shell blocking, try it out and you should see what I mean by 'shell', it's a common term.

My point is that he's been doing it for years, way before he ever fought Wanderlei, when he trained with Oyama.
As for his boxing, he still throws the same way, has abut the same upper body/head movement. Aside from pressing the fight his stand-up really does seem the same to me. That's why I think Wanderlei is still the better fighter that had the bad luck of getting caught early.
Posted by: student_of_life

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/03/09 02:12 PM

there are so many things to consider when comparing fighters. i don't think its fair to say the rampage still moves the same way as he did in the past, he's been traiing with a new camp and new boxing trainers, maybe he has gotten better you just can't see it. maybe the axe murder has taken one to many shots to the head and just isn't what he used to be.

when two guys with that striking power get into a fight, it could only take a split second lapse of anything to get your head taken off. its the way fight's go, not always to the stronger, bigger or better fighter, sometimes people just get ktfo'd. we can all be better fighters for a second, long enough to get the job done.

most of that card ended up being highlight reels, it was an awsome night.
Posted by: BigRod

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/05/09 10:51 AM

This was the best card the UFC has had in a long time, possibly the best ever.

I was also shocked about Mir over Nog. He's improved ten-fold, I was completely impressed by him, for once.

Rampage over Silva - I didn't know how to call that one, but I'm glad Rampage won. As for his boxing, he's had good boxing for a long time. He beat Silva the same way he beat Chuck...with good clean boxing. Chuck and Silva are brawlers. They're effective, but sloppy. Rampage took advantage of the fact that they both leave themselves open by dropping their hands ALL the time. He landed a classic counter-punch that was right on the button. Nothing fancy, just great technique.

And I think Forrest was winning until, well, until he got KTFO. LOL. I'm not so sure it would end the same way a second time. Forrest was really controlling the action and getting the better of the exchanges.

But, all in all it was a great card.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/05/09 11:27 AM

For the last couple of fight cards I joined the UFC Fantasy Game on their site where you pick the winners. I didn't do too bad for this card.

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/07/09 09:44 AM

looks like i just beat u on that derek!

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/07/09 11:38 AM

I had done my card and did not go back to see added fights and missed putting on the Hardonk vs. Wessel fight. If I had I would have definitely picked Hardonk to win ... then I would have beat you.

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/07/09 01:53 PM

I don't see how you could have predicted Evans over Griffin now we ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SAME GUY that the ex-champ Q. Jackson said kicked his a$$, with those same kicks. And don't forget this is the same Forrest Griffin that choke submitted the Brazillian Grappling Phenomenon. The only weakness that Forrest has is he eats punches and don't mind getting hit. When he minds as in the Jackson fight he can be awesome. Forrest will be back!!

Quinton use to be more wrestler then puncher and thats just where Silva wanted him in the clinch, Jackson is a more refined striker now that hits hard ask the Axe Murder or Lidell.

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/07/09 03:13 PM

For me I like Forrest however I felt Evans was going to beat him. Forrest is up and down for winning and I think that comes with fighter styles. Evans is unpredictable and while was an upper class wrestler his striking had improved immensity and felt that was going to be Forrest's undoing especially because he likes to get hit a lot and still come forward.

I'm not a Evans fan by any means. I think he is too arrogant and some of his ring antics deserves a slap up side the head; stop being a meat head! However he can win fights and has proven it. With that said I think if him and Quinton were to match up; Evans would lose ... or that is what I'm counting on.
Posted by: Cord

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/08/09 08:24 AM

I was sorry Forrest lost, but impressed with how he took it. I think he knows that he has the tools to come back and regain the title- part of the joy of the sport is the fact that odds and opinions dont mean squat, its only ever a 50/50 deal at the highest level.

I thought that Mir finally fought how a 250lb man should fight. i have heard all I can stomach about 'small man ju-jitsu' and funny little ankle locks, he has won a lot of fights without beating his oponents IMO, and it was nice to see him get a taste for a fight and get stuck in for a change. Good job

Re: UFC 92 some results and blougs on youtube. - 01/08/09 12:29 PM

I like Evans but believe that Qunitin hits harder but Rasheed is more versitle and can Ko with his feet, I've never seen Quintin do that. There ground game I'd have to give to Evan in the guard and Quintin in the mount. It would be interesting.

Mirs look great and I believe neccessity is the mother of invention here Mirs didn't want to test mono mono ground skill againt Nog so he surprised him by avoiding his guard and standing pounding him out, way to change your game Mr. Mirs Me and Nog have new found respect for your ground skills. I still am impressd with Nog as a coach and competitor.