Fedor is human afterall!

Posted by: BrianS

Fedor is human afterall! - 11/19/08 03:29 AM

http://www.mmaringreport.com/other-event...n-russia-2.html

Quote:

You know you are considered unbeatable when a loss in a sport you are not famous for outside Russia, makes headlines accross the MMA circuit. Jesse Holland of MMAMania reports that Fedor recently lost at the 2008 World Combat Sambo Championships in St. Petersburg Russia for the first time in over seven years. It has been widely speculated that one of the issue’s surrounding the UFC’s signing of Emelianenko stemmed from Emelianenko’s continued interest in competing in Combat Sambo and you have to wonder if this loss will affect his status in the eyes of fans around the world.

You know you are considered unbeatable when a loss in a sport you are not famous for outside Russia, makes headlines accross the MMA circuit. Jesse Holland of MMAMania reports that Fedor recently lost at the 2008 World Combat Sambo Championships in St. Petersburg Russia for the first time in over seven years. It has been widely speculated that one of the issue’s surrounding the UFC’s signing of Emelianenko stemmed from Emelianenko’s continued interest in competing in Combat Sambo and you have to wonder if this loss will affect his status in the eyes of fans around the world.

He was the reigning combat sambo champion and hadn't lost in over seven years, many of his bouts passes due to opponents mysteriously unable to compete when matched up against the former Pride heavyweight champion.He has had more than his fare share of obligations these days and Holland questioned his training coming into a bout where he had multiple promotional obligations that may have taken away from his focus and/or training.

His loss to Blagoi Ivanov comes along with Randy Couture’s recent loss to Brock Lesnar. Emelianenko will be facing Andrei Arlovski in January in a title defense in the Affliction promotion which will take place at the Honda Center.

He will handle Arlovski though!
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Fedor is human afterall! - 11/19/08 05:18 AM

Arlovski hasn't really been his usual self from the last fights iv seen of him should be a win to Fedor either way. I still remain that the guy is a machine
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: Fedor is human afterall! - 11/19/08 08:51 PM

This was my response on another forum when somebody made this accusation.

Quote:

It only shows that Fedor is human after all

Quote:

No, it actually shows that Fedor's creators, particularly his tactical analysis team didn't use any previous data of Blagoi, and they didn't want to on this occasion because they use Competitions such as Sambo tournaments to adjust and upgrade his random situational adaption software. If they had input data from the previous encounter into Fedor's tactical array, Blagoi would have been defeated easily.
An example of a fully updated version of Fedor's tactical array in action is the Tim Silvia fight. Tim had over 15 fights in the UFC and his style remained mostly unchanged throughout that time, all the tactical analysis team had to do was compile all the data they had on all his previous fights and feed it through Fedor's cerebral hard drive where it is further processed and analyzed in his adaptive combat matrix. Come fight time Fedor closed in on Tim knowing everything he had to offer and took advantage of every opening he saw and finished the fight.

The combat matrix contains all kinds of data from Newton's laws of physics to human anatomy and physiology (this data changes for each opponent), stress analysis (opponents fatigue, injuries and mindset), movement patterns, rhythm changes, a near endless list of techniques, the level of aggression that needs to be applied, the rules of engagement, ect. -And this is what makes Fedor fight and works in unison with many more of Fedors programs including the random situational adaption software which is engaged at all times.

In the sambo tournaments they (Fedor's team of technicians) use no data on anyone participating in the tournament because they're not they're to win, they are there to learn. As I said earlier he is there to adjust and upgrade his random situational adaption software, the purpose is to learn, not to win. During these tournaments Fedor has a set list of situations that he must try to put him self in and experience for his software to analyze and adapt to it. There is no set criteria for how many times one situation may be experienced because each time is slightly different in some way so it all counts as individual data under the same situation.

My understanding is that at the last CS tournament two people pulled out leaving two fights worth of data uncovered and unanalysed by the combat matrix, so in this tournament Fedor was to try and stretch the fight out in order to get that data, but by then the clock had run out whilst Blagoi was ahead on points, Fedor's team of technicians seemed to prioritize the gathering of the data over the title since they have an imortant fight coming up with Arlovski.

Posted by: bo-ken

Re: Fedor is human afterall! - 11/23/08 10:07 PM

Here is a video. I am ok with him losing its not a big deal. Everyone loses sometime.

http://www.mmascraps.com/search/label/fedor%20emelianenko

Re: Fedor is human afterall! - 11/23/08 10:23 PM

As long as he doesn't lose in MMA it's fine, in my opinion it's actually for the supreme benefit of the sport that he remains undefeated.
Posted by: Ames

Re: Fedor is human afterall! - 11/24/08 03:35 PM

Dauragon, what do you mean?

--Chris
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Fedor is human afterall! - 11/24/08 04:02 PM

Quote:

As long as he doesn't lose in MMA it's fine, in my opinion it's actually for the supreme benefit of the sport that he remains undefeated.

Practically no one in the general public has any idea who Fedor is, so the supreme benefit of his continued dominance is questionable at best.

Re: Fedor is human afterall! - 11/25/08 04:20 AM

I'm not really concerned for the general public in regards to MMA, they'll only end up jumping on the pro UFC bandwagon simply because it's the first org they've seen and will know MMA as 'ultimate fighting', it's already happening in england.

What I mean is that every sport has a great legend, a guy with a godlike aura about him, something people can aspire to and see as the standard bearer for the sport.
Fedor as an undefeated fighter (aside from the 1st TK fight) is that person I believe. As a heavyweight he has done things that most HWs would would struggle greatly to do in the middle of a high pressure situation.

He's MMA's Muhammad Ali in that he's revolutionising the standard of the HW division.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Fedor is human afterall! - 11/25/08 07:13 AM

Quote:

What I mean is that every sport has a great legend, a guy with a godlike aura about him, something people can aspire to and see as the standard bearer for the sport.

Not minimizing Fedor's skills and accomplishments, but see my comment above.

Re: Fedor is human afterall! - 11/27/08 06:33 AM

People who actually follow MMA are all that's needed, Arlovski fans will be concerned about his next fight so they'll find out about Fedor that way, and it's not like nobody knows who he is. Anyone who follows MMA and has the internet should have as pretty good idea. I just think you might be understimating his fan base, perhaps. Unless very few people in the US have the internet with an interest for MMA?