Fight Night/ TUF8

Posted by: Aesir

Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/17/08 03:02 PM

Anyone going to be watching it tonight/early tomorrow morning?

Nate Diaz v. Josh Neer
Clay Guida v. Mac Danzig
Houston Alexander v. Eric Schafer, etc

Im most looking forward to Guida Danzig fight, think it will be the best fight hoping Danzig gets the win as I thought he was quite funny on his stint on TUF.

Not sure If I will get to see the new TUF or not because doesn't seem to be on Setanta which is the only channel I have which shows any mma.

So yeah thoughts outcomes of fights? (sorry if there is already a thread, I didn't see it)
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/17/08 03:19 PM

I have had this pre-recorded in my PVR for over a month. Looking forward to seeing especially as I can skip the commercials. I will be watching it later tonight.

This is on Spike TV for me; Channel 38.

Nate Diaz Vs. Josh Neer

I like the first fight Diaz vs. Neer. Like both Diaz (Nick/Nate), they both have an unorthodox fighting method that almost looks lazy but can be very effective. Neer is a tough little guy and I am putting him as the winner however Nate has the uncanny way of winning even when he looks to lose.

Clay Guida Vs. Mac Danzig

Clay Guida is a machine; just goes and goes and goes like the Energizer Bunny. He can transition quickly and adapt fast and I think that Danzig will be a good test; for each other. A win for Danzig will legitimize him even more.

Ed Herman Vs. Alan Belcher

Not a fan of either and like Herman less but I will give the win to Herman.

Houston Alexander Vs. Eric Schafer

Don't know much about Shafer but Alexander is a beast but not a fan of him. Came out of the gates looking to be the next big thing and wasn't. Suspect this is his final try.

Alessio Sakara Vs. Joe Vedepo

Don't know anything about Vedepo but I like Sakara and give him the win.

Wilson Gouveia Vs. Ryan Jensen

Don't know much about either and this fight probably won't be shown.

Joe Lauzon Vs. Kyle Bradley

I hope they play this fight as I think it could be good. Like to see Lauzon win this one.

Jason Brilz Vs. Brad Morris

Don't know much about these fighters.

Drew McFedries Vs. Mike Massenzio

I'm for McFedries for the win on this one.

Dan Miller Vs. Rob Kimmons

Don't know much about these fighters.

OVERALL ... the card doesn't look bad at all but suspect we won't see most of the fights which is a shame. Can't wait to watch this. Plus I enjoy the TUF show and always have even with the house antics. Get to know the fighter and how they are and admittingly I am a these types of shows (Survivor, Big Brother).

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/17/08 04:42 PM

Big brother is terrible can't stand it. TUF is cool though I would liek to see more about there training but the house antics are good too.

Dana annoys me by swearing the whole time. Thought it was funny in the last season when he tried to make himself out to be the godfather or something.

I like Houston I think he will do well although I still don't have the best eye for these things yet.

Nick beat Neer I think Nate will do the same.

Herman is cool and will therefore win.

Don't know much about the other fights.
Posted by: Spade

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/17/08 11:14 PM

Nate Diaz Vs. Josh Neer

Josh Neer threw that fight, it was fixed.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/18/08 02:53 AM

Why do you think so?

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/18/08 06:33 AM

Glad I didn't put money on my predictions lol.

I don't think the fight was fixed but he did stay on the floor an awful lot.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/18/08 08:07 AM

Diaz/Neer was an excellent fight, one of the best MMA fights I have seen in a while. Outstanding groundwork from both guys, but especially from Nate. His step-around armbar escapes were simply beautiful, as were his judo throws. Neer certainly lived up to his reputation, offering good striking, powerful slams and very good submission skills.

Watching the two of them go from strikes to clinch to takedown to mount to back mount to escape, etc...........

Astounding. Although Nate should NEVER be allowed to do interviews. Illiterate SOB makes Mike Tyson sound like Winston Churchill.

I missed all the other fights, though.

Vids while they last:

http://www.mmascraps.com/

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/18/08 11:43 AM

Was a good night for fights.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/18/08 01:36 PM

I really enjoyed the Danzig-Guida fight. I was surprised Danzig never really put Guida in any submission trouble, because I saw that as one of the only ways he could get a victory. But kudos to Guida, he went 100% from start to finish and outworked Danzig the whole way.

Diaz-Neer was okay, although it didn't really have me jumping about. Something about 2 6foot competitors in the lightweight division rankles with me. Undeniable skill by both though, great demonstrations of scrambling.

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/18/08 07:16 PM

Rogan: So! NATE!!! HOW DO YOU THINK THE FIGHT WENT?!!!

Nate: Yeh, weljng, I'm ready to line those be up and kick their ass3s and stuff. Yall holla!! let's do this,but Neer was a good fighter and all yo, i just had to do be better to get the on top win and things LET"S DO IT! YEAH!! HEH HEH....

Lifestyles of the no so educated.......
Posted by: Spade

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/18/08 11:08 PM

Quote:

Why do you think so?

Neer had his back early on, didn't finish him off (didn't try to), neither of them really went for submissions on the ground, Neer hardly threw any strikes, when Nate threw his punches, he wasn't even trying to hit hard.

No one was looking to finish, when the announcer said the Neer won the first round, he shook his head no, then when he said that Nate one the second round, he shook his head yes, and I don't buy the "Good sportsmanship" line for that.
Posted by: creative

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/19/08 06:30 AM

I'd imagine if he'd thrown the fight he'd have been paid to do it. Wouldn't you want to make sure of your money, like having diaz finish the fight. Don't know if anyone can throw a fight by split decision, especially seeing some of the judging decisions of late.

IMO, was a good fight. Diaz has great jujitsu, that is why neer couldn't finish him off when he had his back.

Guida looked very good and controlled to me, will definately be up there with the best in the division IMO, or atleast he'll allways be on shows as he's such an entertaining fighter.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/19/08 10:32 AM

Quote:

Don't know if anyone can throw a fight by split decision, especially seeing some of the judging decisions of late.

Exactly. To think that Neer threw the fight is ridiculous. It was just a close decision.

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/19/08 03:29 PM

Neer didn't throw any fight; he's not that kind of guy. He's a solid fighter and it was only due to Diaz's style and game plan that it didn't work for him. Diaz DOES NOT throw hard punches; like his brother they throw punches in bunches; a lazy many punch that many times aren't even close fists. More annoying then anything else and add up on the score card but if you don't see one coming then you could be seeing stars.

I enjoyed the fight; enjoyed them all. I didn't have to pay for it but I would have.
Posted by: jackmcmanus21

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/25/08 02:46 PM

One of the better UFC cards in my mind, glad it was on some free TV. I think Nate should get Tyson Griffin next

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/25/08 05:27 PM

Bean pole against stocky; what a combination. This would be a good fight but I would put my money on Griffin though Nate always seems to pull something out of his ...

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/26/08 09:33 AM

From what I saw this tuf season looks to be the worst ever. Drunken brawls, house destruction, general idiocy.

Gives TMA a good name.

Re: Fight Night/ TUF8 - 09/26/08 03:37 PM

Unfortunately Brian it actually promotes this stuff more.

When I look at the kids today I see a lot of disregard for property, elders and such. This is what these young fighters are doing in the house so it only perpetuates MMA more.

Now as an adult I dislike this component however admittingly I enjoy watching these reality based shows. I enjoy getting to see the other side of the fighter and if you look at most of these, the majority of the good ones rise to the top not only on the mat but also in the house. If they are respectful in the house, while still having a good time, then this goes far in my books and when they make it to the "show" I feel a sense of knowing who and what they are better then just some guy showing up to fight. Almost like I have vested interest in this individual(s). An a$$ is an a$$ and to see them lose is fine with me because they had no respect for anything.