Apology UFC

Posted by: Dereck

Apology UFC - 07/20/08 12:55 AM

I watched the UFC free show on Spike TV tonight and also paied $39.99 (plus 5% tax) for the Affliction "Banned" fight. I was highly disappointed on many levels of Affliction. One, the time alloted went over and I never got the main even to see who won; damn. Second, instead of spending all of the money to have the high names stars in the audience (Donald Trump, Tito Oritiz, Jena Jamison, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, etc.), spend the money and trade in the 70's cameras so that the quality is there. Third, frickin' boring. You had some good names on the card and now I understand why the UFC doesn't have these people; they suck and are mediocre fighters and do not have enough draw. At least EliteXC who also has mediocre fighters puts on a better show and is for free; this was not worth the money and I have contact my cable provider asking for a refund especially again as I missed the last fight as they did not allow for it to go over the time.

So with that said, I will never order any Affliction fights and will stick solely with the UFC as the boring UFC PPV's that I've paid for were 10 times better then this crap.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Apology UFC - 07/20/08 02:23 AM

OMG !!!! You mean that after all the hype, they never even televised Sylvia vs Fedor?!? That is too funny (not for you bro', but on a broader scale). Donald Trump must be balder than Dana after discovering that screw-up

The thing is that it all looks simple on paper:
Get a venue, set up a cage, hire a tv crew, get a few guys to throwdown- easy money.

Evidently there are a few aspects to it that Dana keeps to himself. 'Secret techniques' in MMA after all
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Apology UFC - 07/20/08 08:25 AM

Unlucky Dereck it wasnt one i was going to pay for, not with the new age of computer downloads. Gary Goodridge? the whole card sounds like a bunch of washed up fighters even vitor is no where near he used to be, i wasnt going to pay just to see Sylvia get his ass handed to him.

Anyone got a link for the fight?

I think that you payed shows your interest and dedication to the sport more than anything else.
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Apology UFC - 07/20/08 09:14 AM

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38835114
sylvia v fedor
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Apology UFC - 07/20/08 11:07 AM

You know, I agree in general with Dereck that the Affliction fights were not that great. However, I was a bit disappointed with a lot of the UFC fights in the Silva/Irwin show. The only half-way decent one was the Edgar fight. That guy has some INCREDIBLE takedowns! Don't even think about trying to kick at him.
Posted by: BigRod

Re: Apology UFC - 07/20/08 11:59 AM

Interesting opinion about the Affliction event. I posted in another thread that I liked it, but I didn't order the event, I just watched the fights online. Had I paid $40 I may very well feel the same way you do.

As for the UFC events, I think they're getting way overpriced. The cards are full of up and comers, and while sometimes they have good match ups, for the money they charge I expect to see bigger names. I've been a fan of MMA long before it was called MMA, seen the great ones come and go, and maybe it's just me, but I expect a lot more out of the UFC. It really pains me to see a bunch of journeyman coming off of a TV show filling up the majority of every card the UFC produces.
Posted by: Spade

Re: Apology UFC - 07/20/08 02:32 PM

I went to a restaurant that was showing the fights... Both of them.

On my right side, was UFC, and on my left side was Affliction; In front of me was dinner.

Makes me feel like a winner all around.