Upcoming UFC events

Posted by: MattJ

Upcoming UFC events - 07/10/08 07:47 AM

Looks like some really good fights coming up in the near future! Here are a few that caught my eye:

Anderson Silva Vs. James Irvin - Silva seems to be at the top of his game right now. Irvin will need to bring it all the way to have any hope. Silva FTW.

Brandon Vera Vs. Reese Andy - I am a Vera fan, and this looks like a good match up.

UFC® 87:

Georges St-Pierre Vs. Jon Fitch - Can't wait for this one! I don't think that Fitch has the technical ability that GSP does, but he certainly has animal ferocity on his side. GSP FTW, though.

Brock Lesnar Vs. Heath Herring - Lesnar FTW, assuming he has worked on his ground game at all since the Mir fight.

Kenny Florian Vs. Roger Huerta - Another one I'm really looking forward to. Both great fighters. Hoping Kenny takes it.

Cheick Kongo Vs. Dan Evensen - Don't know about Evensen, but Kongo is an excellent striker. CroCop V:2.0, LOL.

UFC® 88:

Chuck Liddell Vs. Rashad Evans - Liddell will have his hands full with this one. Evans FTW.

UFC® 89:

BISPING vs LEBEN - This should be a good fight. If Leben is still in the shape/attitude he had in the Terry Martin fight, he will take it. Impossible to knock him out if his head is in the game.

Re: Upcoming UFC events - 07/17/08 07:50 AM

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2008/07/16/machida-vs-silva-announced-ufc-89

"UFC light heavyweight Lyoto Machida's next opponent will be Thiago Silva, who also happens to be 13-0 and unbeaten. The two Brazilians will square off at UFC 89: Bisping vs. Leben on October 18 at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, England, the UFC announced Wednesday.

Silva, who trains at the American Top Team in Florida by way of Chute Boxe in Brazil, is a heavy hitter who has finished all four of his UFC opponents with strikes.

Machida is 5-0 inside the Octagon and most recently defeated former UFC champion Tito Ortiz at via unanimous decision at UFC 84. Machida also holds a win over former UFC champion Rich Franklin and current UFC champion BJ Penn."
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Upcoming UFC events - 07/18/08 10:34 AM

im rooting for Thiago, Machida makes for boring match ups hopfully Thiago can mess up Machidas style forcing him to take more risks.

Re: Upcoming UFC events - 07/18/08 10:50 AM

Ditto. I am not a big fan of Machida.