fedor vs silvia?

Posted by: TheCrab

fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 03:12 AM

Its on tonight isnt it? or is that tommorow night?

silvias cactus
Posted by: Cord

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 07:40 AM

Sylvia for the win, and everyone to hate him for it, except me, who really rates him as an unsung hero of MMA, so put that in your pipe and smoke it
Posted by: MattJ

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 07:54 AM

OMG Cord.

Now, I will be the first one to admit that Sylvia has improved tremendously from the early days. But Fedor is on another level, IMHO. Can't see Sylvia winning this one.

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 09:57 AM

Well, they do say, 'the bigger they are, the harder they fall', but when the 'they' in question is a 6ft 10 , 2 time UFC champ, who wouldnt tap as his arm broke, and has a granite chin, then I would amend the above truism to 'the bigger they are, the harder they hit'.
physical attributes and heart for the win.

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 10:05 AM

if fedor gets beaten by a fat lanky dude with stolen giraffe necks as arms im gonna be [censored]
Posted by: Spade

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 10:58 AM

Fedor will be able to get on Silva without Silva being able to knock him out.

I see Fedor winning by Arm bar.

Granted, Silva did do very well against Antonio Nogueira, he is a much improved fighter, but not enough IMO.

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 11:28 AM

Quote:

Granted, Silva did do very well against Antonio Nogueira, he is a much improved fighter, but not enough IMO.

Dont I remember evryone going on about Crocop as 'invincible', same with Arlovski, and Hughes, and Couture, and Liddel and Anderson Sylva and ..........
Every fighter has something that another has the tools to exploit- its a puzzle, and once one person has 'solved' it, then you tend to find others follow in their path.

When 2 guys stand face to face and start swinging, its a 50/50 situation, and to blanket refuse to consider that Sylvia may be the guy with the 'code' to unlock Fedor, is just flying in the face of sense.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 11:32 AM

It is a 50/50, I'm going with Fedor.

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 11:46 AM

Quote:

It is a 50/50, I'm going with Fedor.

So with all things being equal, you think Fedor is more equal than Tim

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 11:50 AM

Yes, I mean.....Fedor will have half a chance like Sylvia does, I mean that....um...

ouch!!

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 12:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dont I remember evryone going on about Crocop as 'invincible', same with Arlovski, and Hughes, and Couture, and Liddel and Anderson Sylva and ..........
Every fighter has something that another has the tools to exploit- its a puzzle, and once one person has 'solved' it, then you tend to find others follow in their path.

When 2 guys stand face to face and start swinging, its a 50/50 situation, and to blanket refuse to consider that Sylvia may be the guy with the 'code' to unlock Fedor, is just flying in the face of sense.

Silva obviously has a chance to win, doesn't mean I can't pick who I think is going to win

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 01:25 PM

Quote:

Silva obviously has a chance to win, doesn't mean I can't pick who I think is going to win

Absolutely. The thing that amuses me, is that Sylvia has caused more fight fans to eat more crow than any other fighter.
The list of fighters that 'should' have beaten him easily is a longer than one of his arms, and yet this 'talentless', 'fat' and 'lucky' fighter has overcome some pretty impressive would be conquerors. He may be the biggest, best, most consistently successful underdog in history, and for some reason, that annoys the sh1t out of people!
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 02:14 PM

If it goes to the ground Fedor has got it. Although if it stays standing Tim's hand speed and reach advantage is a lot to handle. Tim Silvia is a good big fighter, Fedor hasn't fought anyone with his skills and size before. He has fought big guys but none as skilled as Tim Silvia. I will be the first to admit I don't like Time Silvia his fights bore me. But I think its going to be a great battle.
Posted by: Usenthemighty

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/19/08 09:39 PM

I think Fedor's got Silvia. I can see Fedor having trouble striking with Silvia, but I'm sure it will go to the ground. I can't see Silvia gettin back up when Fedor's got him on the ground. But I would like Silvia to win.

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/20/08 03:09 AM

I think fedor will get shredded for a while, but then it will go to the ground and silvia will be toast.

Not sure how fedor will stand up to silvia slug wise.

and i think i [censored] the date up, its next 20th
Posted by: Supremor

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/20/08 06:37 AM

Quote:

Yep, and Fedor showed just recently with Hong Man Choi that size is not a problem for him. With Silvia he will have a far easier time with getting takedowns and such like. I expect Fedor to have the chance to work from the top and unleash some vicious ground and pound.

I don't want to underestimate Silvia, because I think the guy has pretty good takedown defense, but Fedor has much better takedowns than Noguiera and probably better stand-up too.

We will see, but there is no doubt that Silvia is the underdog, which is nothing new for him! Should be a good bout, and a good test for Fedor, let's face it he hasn't exactly been competing with the top tier of mma for the last couple of years.
Posted by: Borrek

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 06/20/08 08:58 AM

Silvia is definitely not getting up once he's down. Remember Jeff Monson kept Silvia on the ground once he got him there, and while Monson is no slouch I don't think he is as good as Fedor.

Re: fedor vs silvia? July 19th - 07/08/08 07:19 PM

http://www.afflictionclothing.com/banned_july19/

Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 07/08/08 07:27 PM

Posted by: Taison

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 07/08/08 11:00 PM

That's so WRONG! LoL,

But thinking of which he has got the lock in perfectly. No way big boss will be able to get out of that.

-Taison out
Posted by: JKogas

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 07/08/08 11:09 PM

Damn, lol!

As much as I hate to go against what Cord says here, I've GOT to go with Fedor in this one. Sure the man will have to lose at some point, but I just don't think it's going to be to Silvia when it happens.

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 07/09/08 04:05 AM

Quote:

Damn, lol!

As much as I hate to go against what Cord says here, I've GOT to go with Fedor in this one. Sure the man will have to lose at some point, but I just don't think it's going to be to Silvia when it happens.

*sniff* WHAT HAPPENED MAN!? *sniff* I THOUGHT WE WUZ TIGHT *sob*

Hey, believe me, I am not putting money down on this one, I just think that a lot of fighters seem to buy into the public's tendency to underestimate Sylvia, and whilst Tim has been facing the best the UFC has to offer over the last 3 years, Fedor has fought....?
Sylvia is not the only one facing a higher quality oponent than he is used to.

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 07/17/08 08:17 AM

You know, this actually looks like an exciting card. Some good fighters in there:

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2008/07/16/affliction-banned-preview

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 07/17/08 09:08 AM

Apparently, Donald Trump is looking at putting his money behind the Affliction promotions, if this happens, then Zuffa really will have a genuine competitor.
The more MMA the better as far as fans are concerned, but more importantly, it will be good fo rthe fighters, who will have better options than 'like it or lump it' pay deals from Dana.
Posted by: Borrek

Re: fedor vs silvia? - 07/17/08 10:36 PM

Quote:

Apparently, Donald Trump is looking at putting his money behind the Affliction promotions, if this happens, then Zuffa really will have a genuine competitor.
The more MMA the better as far as fans are concerned, but more importantly, it will be good for the fighters, who will have better options than 'like it or lump it' pay deals from Dana.

I honestly think this is behind that whole UFC e-mail that went out to the fighters last week that gave fighters a piece of UFC money made off of their posters etc, but the fine print said the UFC kept the license to their image/person in perpetuity. That means any fighter who signed the deal and then in the following years goes over to any other promotion won't be in posters or be able to show up in any licensed items without UFC approval (fat chance)

I'm surprised it took Trump this long to jump in. He is a vegas guy and has seen the Fertitas and Dana White printing money.

Re: fedor vs silvia? *SPOILERS* - 07/20/08 10:24 AM

Can't say that I was surprised by the outcome, but even I didn't think it would over that fast! Tim's face was pretty bloody. Gotta give it up for Fedor. Like I said, he is simply on another level. Vids while they last:

http://www.mmascraps.com/

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/

Re: fedor vs silvia? *SPOILERS* - 07/20/08 10:50 AM

How about that Belfort/Martin fight? Some good action from both guys. Vitor looked real sharp.

QUESTION: Does Affliction allow groundfighting in their matches?
Posted by: BigRod

Re: fedor vs silvia? *SPOILERS* - 07/20/08 11:51 AM

What up guys?

Although Fedor finished Silvia much quicker than I thought, this can't be a surprise to anybody. Why would any well educated and informed MMA fan pick against Fedor?

And yes, Vitor looked great. That's the best Vitor I've ever seen. If he continues to fight like that he may actually win some fights. However, it still amazes that people continue to talk about how great Vitors ground game is and yet he's never tapped anybody but Joe "Ghetto Man" Charles. How many of you have been around MMA long enough to remember him???

The Barnett fight was great too. Josh looked really good outstriking Rizo 100%.

Affliction produced a great card, I hope they'll be around long enough to do it again and give the UFC a run for their money.

And when is someone going to follow in Pride's footsteps and produce an old school "Grand Prix"?

Re: fedor vs silvia? *SPOILERS* - 07/20/08 02:37 PM

I'd like to see Arlovski vs Fedor.