Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir UFC 81?

Posted by: MattJ

Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir UFC 81? - 11/07/07 05:14 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Av...e&type=lgns
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir UFC 81? - 11/07/07 05:51 PM

Could be good but Mir hasn't been the same since his motorcycle accident.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir UFC 81? - 11/19/07 12:41 PM

I think this will be the fight that finally convinces Mir to retire. That injury took everything away from him, and Brock is not someone to play with when not on top form.
Posted by: NewJitsu

Re: Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir UFC 81? - 11/19/07 03:25 PM

Yes, Mir's in big trouble. No one can take Lesnar's top rope moonsault...
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir UFC 81? - 11/19/07 04:08 PM

Frank Mir was a great fighter but now I don't see that energy and strength that he once had. I agree that perhaps his accident took much out of him and I have no doubt that he probably feels a lot of pain when training. I hope he does well but Brock Lesnar is hungry and is an animal. I think the UFC is setting Frank up for a quick and decisive win for Brock so that their new superstar has a sure win. BUT as we've seen with Cro Cop, sometimes the other guy does win and every fighter has a chance. Good luck to both.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir UFC 81? - 11/19/07 05:20 PM

Quote:

Yes, Mir's in big trouble. No one can take Lesnar's top rope moonsault...

its more his real sports-wrestling skill and suprisingly heavy hands that I was thinking of, but yes, having Lesnar land on you from a height would be less than fun
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir UFC 81? - 11/19/07 08:14 PM

Quote:

I think the UFC is setting Frank up for a quick and decisive win for Brock so that their new superstar has a sure win.

Sadly, I agree with Dereck. Frank was a great fighter who had his day. I can see where he gets the itch, with him as a commentator for the WEC fights. I do admire his resolve to still get in there, but he's a good commentator, too! Take the easy money, Frank!