MMA/Grappling gloves

Posted by: jliu

MMA/Grappling gloves - 05/15/07 04:18 PM

Hey all

I'm a high school student on a reaaally small budget. I would buy my own MMA or grappling gloves if I had the money, but unfortunately I don't. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to make my own gloves? Any suggestions/plans are welcome.

Thanks!
Posted by: Dereck

Re: MMA/Grappling gloves - 05/15/07 05:23 PM

I don't believe it is possible to make your own gloves, sorry. Are you needing gloves for training or are you wanting them to use on a heavy bag or ...... ? If for training then purchasing the right gloves will be an investment that you should not skimp on. If for fooling around with buddies then I would suggest don't waste your time. If for a heavy bag then I would perhaps suggest some light boxing gloves and if that can't be afforded, purchase some cheap light leather gloves/mitts which will at least help with tearing of the flesh. For some of our drills on bags and focus mitts we use light leather mitts which work well.
Posted by: TomTom

Re: MMA/Grappling gloves - 05/15/07 06:09 PM

e-bay!
Posted by: leviethain

Re: MMA/Grappling gloves - 05/15/07 06:22 PM

go to sports authority/modells
you can get a pair off 'grappling gloves' for 25 bucks

i tried them on at modells once, i didn't like the feel-but i hardly ever use mma gloves(but thats changing soon)

Re: MMA/Grappling gloves - 05/15/07 09:55 PM

ah okay, thanks!

Re: MMA/Grappling gloves - 05/15/07 09:57 PM

well, I train with some buddies (informally, I'm not really part of a school per se), so I kinda want them for that.
Thanks for your input!