Training Regimen

Posted by: Hagakure

Training Regimen - 04/24/07 12:57 PM

Anyone mind sharing there workout routine for another MMA'er, Would appreciate the help.
Thanks
Posted by: Cord

Re: Training Regimen - 04/25/07 07:09 AM

What aspect of training are you asking about? if you are talking about conditioning advice, there is a whole forum (strength) devoted to it with lots of info and advice on tap (along with a video clip thread with loads of examples of functional conditioning work).
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Training Regimen - 04/25/07 10:43 AM

Agreed with Cord. Skillwise, the best workout for a MMAer (or anyother MAist) is sparring. If strengthening/conditioning is what you are looking for, check the Strengthening forum.

Re: Training Regimen - 04/28/07 02:11 PM

Where could I find a good resource about sparring?

Re: Training Regimen - 04/28/07 04:17 PM

Quote:

Where could I find a good resource about sparring?

err...your MMA coach at your mma school where you learn and train?
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: Training Regimen - 04/29/07 03:27 PM

If you have a specific question about sparring, we might be a bit more help to you. Wiothout knowing where you are at in your training, it is difficult. Our guys don't want to assume your experience level and talk above or below it.

Re: Training Regimen - 05/02/07 02:40 PM

Let's just say a novice.

Re: Training Regimen - 05/03/07 06:36 PM

No Takers

Re: Training Regimen - 05/04/07 07:20 AM

Quote:

No Takers

I took already:

Quote:

your MMA coach at your mma school where you learn and train

If you are a novice, then learning and practicing the basics in you class/club will be all you need. If you get into competing and have ability, then you may start travelling further afield to seminars or to specific coaches to work on weaknesses (ie. if your stand up game is good, but your ground game is lacking, you may seek out a BJJ or greco roman coach with a good rep for specific improvement).

Go to class. Train. Learn. Spar. Get good.

Thats it.