Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout

Posted by: Zombie Zero

Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/05/07 10:18 AM

It's that time again! Who do you think will win?

Vote early, vote often!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/05/07 10:37 AM

GSP, Sanchez, Herring, and Okami FTW.*

* = MattJ has been laughably innaccurate in his past predictions.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/05/07 10:48 AM

I'm not too knowledgeable about most of these guys, but I would certainly put my money on GSP and Sanchez. I'm not sure who Herring's opponent is, but I would still give him the benefit of the doubt.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/05/07 12:33 PM

GSP will beat Serra.

I believe Josh Koscheck has what it takes to ruin Diego Sanchez' perfect record.

Herring will be looking to give a performance that will make everyone forget about his last disappointing effort.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/05/07 01:12 PM

Diego beat Koscheck once and is a lot better even though Koscheck is betetr too I think Diego has always been one step ahead. He is better at everything I think except MAYBE not quite as good in wrestling but I'd wager his BJJ is better and boxing. GSP will definitely win. And Mike Swick should take it. I could care less about the others.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/05/07 01:23 PM

My predictions:

1. George definitely over Serra. Serra may think he is a terror on the ground (I don't) but George is comfortable on the ground and doesn't panic and if we are in stand up I think George can control the fight and Serra won't be able to handle the kicks.

2. Huerta over Garcie ... just a shot in the dark as I don't know these two well enough.

3. Koscheck over Sanchez. To be honest, Sanchez will probably win but I'd like to see Sanchez lose one and why not to Josh. I watched on the sports network last night the build up to this fight and did not realize they dislike each other that much. Koscheck on this says he no longer strength trains as he finds it over-rated ... I think that may be his downfall.

4. Swick over Okami. Swick seems to be on a roll and is a hard hitter. I like the kid.

5. Grove over Belcher. Pretty evenly matched.

6. Imes over Herring. Imes hasn't fought for just over a year and is coming off two loses and I think he has something to prove. Herring I think is over-rated and I hope he gets handed his second loss ... putz!

7. Sell over Leites. I just like Drago so picked him to win.

8. Davis over Spratt. I like Spratt but I'm not sure he has enough to win it over Davis. Either one could win for what it matters.

9. Haynes over Cummo. I like both of these guys but I'm giving the strength factor to Haynes which I think will over power Cummo. Cummo is one of those guys that continually amazes me and if he wins then good for him.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/05/07 01:28 PM

Quote:

Koscheck over Sanchez. To be honest, Sanchez will probably win but I'd like to see Sanchez lose one and why not to Josh. I watched on the sports network last night the build up to this fight and did not realize they dislike each other that much. Koscheck on this says he no longer strength trains as he finds it over-rated ... I think that may be his downfall.

Weight training over rated? Go figure- I guess only, umm, let me see, EVERY competetive athlete at the highest level uses it, except Koscheck it seems

Quote:

Imes over Herring. Imes hasn't fought for just over a year and is coming off two loses and I think he has something to prove. Herring I think is over-rated and I hope he gets handed his second loss ... putz!

But being regular in the ring is usually very important to the outcome of a fight. There ain't nothing you can do in training that will completely prepare you for being in the Octagon. I think that will count in Herring's favour.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/05/07 03:30 PM

And Fedor doesn't apparently but it is a big mistake to give up weights we'll see his performace take a big dive for it I think.
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/05/07 04:19 PM

Quote:

Weight training over rated? Go figure- I guess only, umm, let me see, EVERY competetive athlete at the highest level uses it, except Koscheck it seems

Muhammad Ali never weight trained...just thought Id throw that out. Not that it means anything.

I would like to see Koscheck win this, I just like his aggressive wrestling style. And despite not weight training you gotta admit the guys strong.

Matt

edited to fix quote
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/05/07 04:40 PM

Diego has fought harder competition than Koscheck has (Nick Diaz, Parisyan, etc) and beat them! Not to mention he whooped him pretty bad during their first fight. Did you see Koscheck's face after the fight? all purple from chewing on knees!

Luke Cummo is my boy! Strong Island!!!! I pray to all that is merciful that his match gets aired on PPV.
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/07/07 11:49 AM

Gotta go with Sanchez. I don't think Kos can handle him.
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/07/07 12:16 PM

I almost always agree with what Fletch has to say...

But not today!

Diego has excellent skills that's for sure, But Kos is a far better athlete that is improving exponentially!

When they met last, Kos was only a skilled wrestler. He has improved by leaps and bounds in EVERYTHING! Diego Has certainly refined skill sets, but I think Kos has surpassed him.

If he can keep his head, and follow his plan, and not get caught up the hype, Kos can win this!

Page
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/08/07 06:04 PM

Quote:

Gotta go with Sanchez. I don't think Kos can handle him.

But....I suppose if Kos plays defensively and neither fighter does anything, it could go either way.....Doh!
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/09/07 01:35 PM

Just checked the poll against the results.

82% said Serra would win - OOPS
Only 35% gave Koscheck a chance against Sanchez - OOPS
40% said Okami would win - OOPS
56% of you voted for Pete Sels - OOPS
Only 48% of you said Cummo could take Haynes - OOPS

It's realy good to see the level of expertise in the MMA section of the forum!!!!!

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/09/07 01:51 PM

It sure was a night of upsets.

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/09/07 03:11 PM

Quote:

My predictions:

1. George definitely over Serra. Serra may think he is a terror on the ground (I don't) but George is comfortable on the ground and doesn't panic and if we are in stand up I think George can control the fight and Serra won't be able to handle the kicks. George will be back and better then ever.

2. Huerta over Garcie ... just a shot in the dark as I don't know these two well enough.

3. Koscheck over Sanchez. To be honest, Sanchez will probably win but I'd like to see Sanchez lose one and why not to Josh. I watched on the sports network last night the build up to this fight and did not realize they dislike each other that much. Koscheck on this says he no longer strength trains as he finds it over-rated ... I think that may be his downfall.

4. Swick over Okami. Swick seems to be on a roll and is a hard hitter. I like the kid.

5. Grove over Belcher. Pretty evenly matched.

6. Imes over Herring. Imes hasn't fought for just over a year and is coming off two loses and I think he has something to prove. Herring I think is over-rated and I hope he gets handed his second loss ... putz!

7. Sell over Leites. I just like Drago so picked him to win.

8. Davis over Spratt. I like Spratt but I'm not sure he has enough to win it over Davis. Either one could win for what it matters.

9. Haynes over Cummo. I like both of these guys but I'm giving the strength factor to Haynes which I think will over power Cummo. Cummo is one of those guys that continually amazes me and if he wins then good for him.

1. Matt Serra wins over GSP - I feel for George big time; probably more then I should. Good for Matt as I liked the guy on the show and he is a stand up guy.

2. Huerta wins over Garcia - got this one right.

3. Koscheck wins over Sanchez - got this one right as well. The fans should not have been booing at Josh, they should have been booing at Diego as Diego lost the fight more then Josh won it. Josh fought a smart game though I think he should keep his chin down as one wild shot could end it quickly in the future. Good for your Josh.

4. Okami wins over Swick - I was wrong and I was impressed by Okami. He's a solid built boy and deserves the win for that fight.

5. Grove wins over Belcher - I was wrong about being evenly matched, though it would appear on paper. I was hoping Grove won and he did.

6. Herring wins over Imes - I was wrong here but going to the full 15 minutes and eking out a decision ... still think Herring sucks.

7. Leites wins over Sell - Wrong again but also went to the full 15 minutes.

8. Davis wins over Spratt - got another one right.

9. Cummo over Haynes - Wrong but I was right, Cummo amazed me again and like I said, if he wins then good for him.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Your predictions for UFC 69: Shootout - 04/09/07 04:20 PM

Quote:

GSP, Sanchez, Herring, and Okami FTW.*

* = MattJ has been laughably innaccurate in his past predictions.

See, I TOLD you all!