ufc 70- tickets

Posted by: kumite99

ufc 70- tickets - 03/01/07 02:05 PM

ok, this is gonna sound like a really stupid question, but i was thinking of going to see ufc 70 (i live in England):
1) is it already sold out?
2) how do i buy tickets, or check whether or not their sold out?
The reason i ask is because one the official ufc site, when i go to the ticket section, and the link 'ufc 70,' it allows you to give your details to buy a ticket, and doens't aywhere say its sold out. Surely buy now it must be though, seeing as the tickets went on sale on feb 23rd (or somewhere around there)
Don't bite- just an innocent but stupid and basic question!
Posted by: Cord

Re: ufc 70- tickets - 03/02/07 01:32 PM

Automated online ticket sale is normaly linked to a specified number of available tickets, so if you click 'purchase' and they are sold out, the message should come up telling you this, and preventing you completing the transaction. This way, they dont have to go to the trouble of changing/updating the webpage
Posted by: kumite99

Re: ufc 70- tickets - 03/03/07 08:09 AM

thanks, that's all i needed to know
Posted by: MattJ

Re: ufc 70- tickets - 03/10/07 09:51 AM

Looks like UFC 70 will be shown on the Spike network for free:

http://sportsline.com/boxing/story/10050453

Quote:

Q: What's the latest with HBO, and will UFC 70 be televised on HBO or PPV?

DW: I don't have the deal done yet, but UFC 70 will be on free television. It's going to be a free TV deal for the fans here in the U.S.

Q: Is it going to be on Spike?

DW: Let's see, yup. I'm the one that's always chirping about how all these guys that destroyed boxing. Everything was f------ you've got to pay for this, you've got to pay for that. I don't like to make the fans pay for every fight we have. I like to have a lot of good fights for free, and this is a great fight that we'd be giving to the fans for free.

Q: Is UFC 70 definitely going to be on Spike, or might it be on a different network?

DW: It's probably going to be on Spike.

Posted by: Dereck

Re: ufc 70- tickets - 03/12/07 12:41 AM

That would be cool if it was for free. I will keep my eyes open. Thanks Matt.