Monson vs. Fedor

Posted by: BuDoc

Monson vs. Fedor - 02/20/07 03:42 PM

This fight has been signed to take place in Russia on March 3rd!

Dana White let Jeff Monson out of his UFC contract for a one fight deal with Emilianenko.

I, for one, am rooting for Jeff in this one!

Page
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Monson vs. Fedor - 02/20/07 04:13 PM

I am also rooting for Monson ... and that isn't just because we both are bald, muscular and around 5'9" ... less the tatoos and about 40 lbs.

I would definitely want to see this fight.
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: Monson vs. Fedor - 02/20/07 04:23 PM

Poor Monson, i like the guy but he doesnt stand a chance.
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Monson vs. Fedor - 02/20/07 04:45 PM

fedor highlight reel alert lol
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Monson vs. Fedor - 02/20/07 05:55 PM

Wow! While Monson seems like a decent guy, and certainly has some skill.......Fedor is probably going to maul him.

Sorry, bro. Fedor is on another level.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Monson vs. Fedor - 02/20/07 06:08 PM

Fedor is good, very good, very very good. But I will wait to see the outcome before I count Monson out. Heck, they didn't give Tim Sylvia much of a chance when he fought Andrei Arlovski, and he beat him twice. Anything is possible.
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: Monson vs. Fedor - 02/20/07 08:11 PM

Ok Ok...

Under the heading of "root with your heart, bet with your head", I'll admit that Jeff may be overmatched.

However...

Jeff has really been working his stand-up alot. Jeff is an ADCC champion, and Fedor CAN be taken down.

While not being the first person that you think of when you hear the term "Iron Jaw", Jeff has demonstrated ability to take a punch and keep coming.

Will Jeff win??? Anything can happen, but probably not. HOWEVER... It will not be a highlight real! Jeff always comes to fight!

Page
Posted by: AndrewGreen

Re: Monson vs. Fedor - 02/20/07 11:41 PM

Monson vs Fedor is not going to get far at all. Sorry, Monson is good, but he's not faced anyone like Fedor before, he couldn't take out Sylvia, he's not going to win this won.
Posted by: migo

Re: Monson vs. Fedor - 02/21/07 02:59 AM

Sylvia had an 11" height advantage and a comparable reach advantage on Monson. That makes things a lot more difficult on him than someone who only has 5"-6" on him.
Posted by: dijital

Re: Monson vs. Fedor - 02/21/07 03:22 AM

Last I heard, the fight actually isn't gonna happen. Fedor is gonna fight Matt Lindland instead. I guess they didn't think that Monson would be stiff enough competition, so they decided to bring in Lindland, a much more reknowned, albeit smaller fighter.
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Monson vs. Fedor - 02/21/07 10:44 AM

both wrestlers would make an interesting match up, much more interesting than with Fedor. Fedor plays his game to well crocop would be the only person i think could maybe stand a chance with a rematch, although he could be getting over the hill soon.