JKD vs Ninjutsu video

Posted by: Lokkan-Do

JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/02/07 08:59 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l_tIcuWieqo&mode=related&search=
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/02/07 09:14 PM

Looked like Nacho vs. El Skeletor.

Who was the JDK guy and who was the Ninjutsu guy? The guy with hair looked pretty outweighed.
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/03/07 04:12 AM

Bad MMA.

Funny how full contact makes it all look the same.
Posted by: Cord

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/03/07 04:30 AM

To quote one of the youtube comments on the clip:

"Lord. There was no ninjutsu involved in this fight whatsoever--it was straight-up boxing. None of the footwork or principles Lee applied to JKD were practiced here; it was just two guys standing still & whaling on each other.

This makes me sad. "

i have nothing to add.
Posted by: OneInchPunchMaster

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/05/07 03:45 PM

That was a ****in waste of time watching, the Ninjitsu guy was completely rubbish and seemed like an ordinary guy from the streets trying to fight... Seriously if this JKD guy should find a real Ninjitsu guy to fight not some beginner.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/05/07 04:02 PM

Quote:

Funny how full contact makes it all look the same.

I'm going with Fletch's quote. I couldn't tell who was who and the majority of times that seems to be the case.
Posted by: Cord

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/05/07 05:44 PM

But taijutsu has a heavy grappling element, it shares many roots with ju-jutsu, also someone who trains in and relies purely on taijutsu would have much different footwork and approach to fighting. I have seen heavy contact taijutsu sparring in person, and can tell you that it none of the principles were even attempted by this guy. Of course, in the thick of it fighting becomes a little generic, but, for example, MMA fighters who come from muay thai tend to be strong in, and rely on, clinch and leg kicks. Those who come from wrestling favour sweeps and G n' P, Bjjers the ground game- you get my point. Well trained principles/styles influence the overall approach/style of a fighter.
In this case, no traits of taijutsu could be found, ergo, he is either new to the art, or a really sh1tty ninja
Posted by: Dereck

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/05/07 06:01 PM

Has to be a sh1tty ninja as I could see him.
Posted by: Galen

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/05/07 07:07 PM

Not much to add to the comments already posted.

Bad, bad, bad.

The worst part is, it wasnt good ANYTHING. The grappling was bad, the stand up was bad, it was bad bad bad. Honestly, this brought bad to new depths of badness.

Well, maybe it wasnt that bad, but Lord it wasnt good...
Posted by: Tengu51

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/05/07 11:39 PM

I've trained in taijutsu for quite a while, and have to say that there are very good principles and concepts that are available to people in the art. Many of these principles are things that can be found in other arts as well. I think though that there is one difference that distinguishes most taijutsu schools from other arts:

Even though the principles are sound, very few people I've met take the time and hard work to practice the application of techniques in a semi-realistic environment (some stress involved).

Having been guilty myself of this for several years I can't blame them too much. It is easy to get sucked into that mindset. The few that do attempt to practice things with some sense of realism (sparring) most often seem to seek outward venues such as boxing, BJJ, etc. which is great experience and a good wake up call for those who need it.

But like I said earlier taijutsu contains many of those same concepts, though the application of them may be stylistically different.

At the end of the day though, a fight is a fight, and the video didn't appear as though either fighter was incredibly skilled. I do have to at least give the "ninjutsu" guys some respect as they are doing something which most don't: put their training to a test by sparring.
Posted by: ashe_higgs

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/06/07 02:17 AM

yeah, seen these before. still pretty bad.

why did the guy in the second clip spend so much time with is face in his opponents balls and not go for at least a single leg?

aiyah...
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/06/07 02:20 AM

Pretty old vid. Ive seen it before. Both are pretty craptacular.
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: JKD vs Ninjutsu video - 02/07/07 05:37 PM

+ =