Pros vs Joes Randy Couture

Posted by: MattJ

Pros vs Joes Randy Couture - 01/27/07 10:29 AM

Check it out -

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12b89_randy-couture-pros-vs-joes
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Pros vs Joes Randy Couture - 01/27/07 01:16 PM

I watched it right after UFC's Fight Night. I enjoyed these shows before and with Randy on the show both in the cage and then at the end in the wrestling circle, I enjoyed it even more. They had a great cast of pros for this season premier.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Pros vs Joes Randy Couture - 01/27/07 03:28 PM

Wow, that was great. I always enjoy wathching Randys matches. He took it to em. The second guy he wrestled was an Army close combat instructor. Did you see the elevation on the slams? He tore those guys apart. I thought he was going to break the last guys arm/shoulder. Good stuff.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Pros vs Joes Randy Couture - 01/27/07 06:11 PM

Randy is the man. He single handedly redefined what is considered the JKD "trapping" range.

-John
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: Pros vs Joes Randy Couture - 01/29/07 06:16 PM

Awesome Randy Couture is amazing. Let's switch gears on this thread. How many times do you think Randy would tap you in 5 minutes? Or how many times would you tap him?

I am going with 5 times. I move around a lot and I am about half his weight so he might have trouble keeping me still. And I doubt I could tap him at all. But I wouldn't mind trying.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Pros vs Joes Randy Couture - 01/29/07 06:27 PM

That would be impossible to say but I would like to believe that with my training that I could do better then the 3 that he went up against. Just understanding the guard, how to move, not panicking, breathing, using your weight, making space, escaping the arm bar, defending the RNC, etc. ... that would give me a leg up on the competitors. Maybe we should ask Randy how many times I could tap him.

I believe Randy said that he will be making another appearance on this show; looking forward to more.
Posted by: migo

Re: Pros vs Joes Randy Couture - 01/31/07 02:21 AM

He's got 80lbs on me and is very experienced, I don't think I'd necessarily do any better than those guys, especially the army dude.
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Pros vs Joes Randy Couture - 02/02/07 08:31 AM

As a natural God, I would have no problem stepping in with Randy.

Him tap me, no way.

Given that I have 2 exceptional defense techniques against these gorrila's there's no way they could tap me.

These defences consist of;

1. I will simply run as if my life depended on it (and it would do), interspersed with leaping onto the top of the cage.

2. Lying in a conner in a fetal position while wimpering for all to hear. Surely Randy would take pity on me and leave me alone.

As for me tapping him, after he's observed my pitiful performance there is a chance that he might collapse laughing and the referee might mistake his collapse as his acknowledgement of my superior technique and award me the fight!

I have no pride!!!!