BJJ in Edmonton, Alberta

Posted by: airbusfart

BJJ in Edmonton, Alberta - 12/31/06 11:49 PM

I'm looking for BJJ instruction in Edmonton, Alberta. Does anyone have information on clubs or instructors? Thanks
Posted by: fortsaskdad

Re: BJJ in Edmonton, Alberta - 01/01/07 02:48 AM

From a previous post, Dereck's post is most helpful

I go to the Millenium Place club in Sherwood Park. It is strictly a BJJ club. The main instructor is Kyle Cardinal who is a brown belt under Rodrigo Munduruca a BJJ Black Belt(Club in Winnipeg for those interested).

Last month the Times for Classes was 8:45pm tuesday and thursday, 7pm Fridays No-Gi class. Their hoping to move the class back to 7:30 pm tuesday and thursday, with the 7pm no-gi still on friday. $40/month

Classes are held upstairs in the Combatives Room. Just come on up to check the class out, or better yet bring some shorts and a t-shirt to try out the class.

Kyle has trained several fighters including Travis Galbraith who is the KOTC Canada Light Heavy Weight Champ and who fought in Pride's Real Deal in Vegas.

See the above post for other clubs right in Edmonton.

Darryl
Posted by: airbusfart

Re: BJJ in Edmonton, Alberta - 01/01/07 12:10 PM

Thanks Darryl. I go to ju-jitsu tues and thur and aikido on fri. However, i live in sherwood park so i should be able to visit one of Kyle's classes.

Do you know if they are training this first week of Jan?

Dave

Re: BJJ in Edmonton, Alberta - 01/01/07 06:32 PM

I missed the week before Christmas so I'm not sure yet when classes resume...I'll find out later today hopefully.

In regards to classes if you can't make the nights try Arashi-Do (they have day classes as well)

Re: BJJ in Edmonton, Alberta - 01/01/07 10:54 PM

Class tuesday at 8:45