raw talent

Posted by: punishment4you

raw talent - 10/15/06 03:56 AM

HI, I am going to be seeking training for ju jitsu. my question too you is what ju jitsu style(if any) has an enphasis for striking, elbow, knees. Ninjitsu? I'll most likely train brazillian jujitsu aswell. I got alot of training to go, any tips or sugjestions?

Ive been doing alot of street fighting most of my life and to steer my life in a + direction im taking up MMA training starting with a ju jitsu(not sure witch style yet)... Ive landed alot of K.O shots on the street, and do fairly well when taken down...My goal is to become a technical striker, allaround with jujitsu training... UFC is my longterm goal, years down the line. But im young. So im looking for recomendation of the style i should start with.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: raw talent - 10/15/06 04:08 AM

Good for you turning your life around! I'd recommend looking for an MMA school rather than a particular martial art if you want to go for the UFC or others. These schools are tailored to help people achieve their goals of getting into NHB matches and will probably be knowledgeable about how to get into such events.

Expect to meet a completely different standard of fighter when you get into those gyms though. Those guys are tough!
Posted by: kyokushinkai

Re: raw talent - 10/20/06 01:09 PM

Quote:

HI, I am going to be seeking training for ju jitsu. my question too you is what ju jitsu style(if any) has an enphasis for striking, elbow, knees. Ninjitsu? I'll most likely train brazillian jujitsu aswell. I got alot of training to go, any tips or sugjestions?

Ninjutsu isn't affiliated with jujutsu, its a totally different martial art. They both originiated in japan, but they are very different. As far as picking one I agree with the above post, a MMA school would be the best thing for you.. UFC is a MMA competition afterall.