Jean Jaques Machado demo

Posted by: MattJ

Jean Jaques Machado demo - 09/20/06 11:35 AM

Some nice stuff.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38975
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Jean Jaques Machado demo - 09/20/06 04:03 PM

Nice, I am certainly going to try 1 and 2. 3 is a little too complicated for me at this time. The 4th one very cool to trick them in getting a triangle. The 5th also is a little complicated for me at this time. Many of these look simple but they are not especially with a resisting opponent. I like them though and will e-mail this to my Instructor.

I don't like that I couldn't move the bar on this video back and forward like you can on other videos. I was hoping to break things down slower. The actual link for this would be cool so that I can download it to my laptop and take it to class.

Thanks Matt good find.
Posted by: AndrewGreen

Re: Jean Jaques Machado demo - 09/20/06 04:10 PM

Even on the dailymotion page you can't move the bar, just the way there player works.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Jean Jaques Machado demo - 09/27/06 12:29 AM

Well like I said, 1,2 and 4 seemed like practical things I could do so took them to class on Monday. After class for just over a 1/2 hour Doug (2nd Dan) and I worked on these three. When I see a video I have an exception memory when it comes to things I enjoy (movies, etc.) I was able to explain these moves and perform them almost immediately. With some fine tuning we where rolling through these and will train on them again later. Next grappling class we have (in 2 weeks) I will most certainly being trying each of these out if the opportunity arises during free rolling.

The first was the easiest to learn and it makes me wonder why I never thought of this before. It is so quick of a move and so easy to do it is going to be fantastic the first time I pull it off. The second I certainly enjoy especially since your opponent doesn't really think you have anything when you have the single arm between your legs but as soon as you hook the head with your foot and put your other legs across ... wow ... excellent. The third probably will be the hardest of them to do but I can see using this as well. When you grab the arm and pull off to the opposite side of what you usually do, you really have to pull them so that they come into your guard so requires a little strength, or at least momentum when you do the step over, and make sure your other leg is over their head and that they don't have an arm in otherwise it won't work. We were doing this one fairly quickly at the end.

All great finishes so thanks again Matt.