AFC highlight video

Posted by: MattJ

AFC highlight video - 09/14/06 02:35 PM

Pretty brutal stuff, reminiscent of the early UFC's - but with less rules.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1212428348931481180&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=en
Posted by: Dereck

Re: AFC highlight video - 09/14/06 02:56 PM

Wow, violent and it seems like anything goes, very reminiscent of early UFC No Hold Barred. It was cool to see some of the smaller guys fighting the bigger guys and winning. I had never heard of this but I figured stuff like this would still be going on. Though I do enjoy the earlier UFC's I like the newer ones better with the weight classes. Now if only they had some contendors to fight the champions, thankfully there is still a lot of good talent in the Welterweight Division.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: AFC highlight video - 09/14/06 04:26 PM

Posted by: MattJ

Re: AFC highlight video - 09/14/06 04:31 PM

Quote:

LMAO. That's what I said when I saw it. Apparently there are no rules - at all! Eye gouges, etc, legal. They only way the fights stop is by tap out, ref stoppage or corner throwing the towel in.

*shiver*

I'll just watch, thanks.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: AFC highlight video - 09/14/06 05:54 PM

The towel throwing, heck that guy was already out and getting booted in the head again before or just as the towel was being thrown in. No thanks ... spectator only.

I don't think they will be looking for any big talent like the UFC does but instead will be taking people who want to fight and pay them next to nothing, even less then the UFC does. These people will be trying to make a name for themselves so that they can be picked up by people like the UFC. As long as you are fighting and somebody knows about it and you are winning, then you stand a chance of being noticed ... and there are a lot of guys in the wings lined up wanting this.
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: AFC highlight video - 09/15/06 12:24 AM

That video was crazy. No rules the guys competeing must really need money.