St-pierre is injured

Posted by: Alex89

St-pierre is injured - 08/24/06 01:50 AM

I was looking forward for the Hughes vs. St-pierre rematch, but it turns out that its not going to happen, because St-pierre pulled his groin muscle ! Damn that sucks! So now Hughes will be facing Bj Penn which is kinda exciting.
Posted by: Cord

Re: St-pierre is injured - 08/24/06 03:03 AM

I am so dissapointed for St.Pierre He knew he was in with a very real shot at winning this match, and he must be gutted to e missing the chance.

BJ Penn huh? He has only just come back into the UFC- how has he earned a title shot so soon?
He beat hughes a couple of years ago, I think he got his neck, but I am not sure

I dont think it counts for much, Hughes has gotten stronger every time out, and Penn has been out of competition till very recently, and I think that will tell come the night.
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: St-pierre is injured - 08/24/06 09:23 AM

Man I was really looking forward to Hughes vs. Pierre but agree with Cord how can Penn fight for a title already. Pierre beat him! How long is St. Pierre out for?
Posted by: Eveal

Re: St-pierre is injured - 08/24/06 10:44 AM

Surprising to say but BJ Penn beat Matt fairly easy with a effortless RNC. This time around I can see a ground game which Matt will probably win due to his strength.

Poor GSP he is one of my favorites but maybe a pulled groin will help that flexibility after it heals (mine did).

Brandon
Posted by: Dereck

Re: St-pierre is injured - 08/24/06 01:38 PM

Dang it ... dang it ... dang it.

I thought perhaps this was hype but here is UFC's own press release:

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=3125

George is one of my favorites and not just because he's a Canadian. He doesn't give up easy as everybody could see with the BJ Penn fight. If you will remember he couldn't even see because of the blood and fought on ... how disheartening this must be for him but he knows best.

BJ Penn ... I hope Matt Hughes has as much problem as St. Pierre did but hope Matt still wins and that GSP gets that shot to redeem himself with Hughes.

Dang it.
Posted by: rideonlythelabel

Re: St-pierre is injured - 08/24/06 02:09 PM

Quote:

BJ Penn huh? He has only just come back into the UFC- how has he earned a title shot so soon?

Penn was the champion before the UFC took his title away for breach of contract. He technically never lost his title, so maybe it's only fair for him to get another chance. The fight Penn vs. St-Pierre was to determine who would fight Hughes for the title. St-Pierre won but since he's injured the obvious replacement is BJ Penn.

Quote:

I dont think it counts for much, Hughes has gotten stronger every time out, and Penn has been out of competition till very recently, and I think that will tell come the night.

I think Hughes will get tooled by Penn. Hughes is kinda falling behind the new level set by guys like Penn and St-Pierre.

St-Pierre gave Hughes trouble the first time they met, he lost on a stupid mistake, but now he has gotten way better and has a lot more experience too. And Penn is almost, if not equally, as good as St-Pierre.
Posted by: Crash

Re: St-pierre is injured - 08/24/06 07:11 PM

Hughes is the man! I really want him to remain the champion for a long time, and I think he will be. I hope it's a freakin' war!
Posted by: Alex89

Re: St-pierre is injured - 08/24/06 08:49 PM

My guess is that the St-pierre and Hughes rematch (if Hughes wins Penn) match is gonna take a while to happen, because Parisyan had the title shot against Hughes, but he injured himself and he had to work his way up for the title shot, that is why he fought Diego Sanchez.
Posted by: Borrek

Re: St-pierre is injured - 08/26/06 10:54 PM

I don't think St.Pierre would have too much trouble working back up if he had to. Diego isnt fit to hold GSP's jockstrap