IFL - International Fight League

Posted by: Dereck

IFL - International Fight League - 08/14/06 02:12 AM

Has anybody ever heard of this? I was watching sports tonight and came across this. This is team MMA fighting where individuals fight and the team who has three wins first wins that round and moves on. Tonight I watched Pat Miletich's Silverbacks win 3 in a row to move on. Other big name people have teams such as Renzo Gracie (Pitbulls), Bas Rutten (Anacondas), Carlos Newton (Dragons), Frank Shamrock (Razorclaws) and Matt Linland (Wolfpack). I've never heard of Antonio Inoki (Sabres) or Maurice Smith (Tiger Sharks) who finish of the teams for the league. Plus some of these teams have some good names on them such as Carlos's team has Joe Doerksen.

Here is the IFL's website.

They fight in a ring like Pride does and I actually really enjoyed this. I think if it is on again I will definitely watch it again. And on top of that, the coaches will be fighting each other as well. Should be very interesting.
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: IFL - International Fight League - 08/14/06 11:29 AM

I watched it and also liked it. I wish there were more teams but its a good start. It would be even better if there was an MMA league with seasons and fighting in different cities that would rock.
Posted by: Alex89

Re: IFL - International Fight League - 08/14/06 03:50 PM

Ya it's pretty good, it's usually played late at night on TSN or Sportsnet, at 12 or 1 AM.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: IFL - International Fight League - 08/14/06 09:19 PM

Maurice Smith was a fighter in the early UFCs that did well after learning a bit of grappling. Inoki I'm not sure about.