MMA/Grappling Gloves - HELP!

Posted by: Aidyn

MMA/Grappling Gloves - HELP! - 08/06/06 04:36 PM

I want to buy some good quality MMA gloves but after doing some research on the internet there seems to be a very large selection and they all seem to be a bit different. So what kind is the best for competition? I want good quality and the cost doesn't matter. They all seem to run about 40 - 60 bucks anyways.

Can anyone give me some buying advice?
Posted by: JKogas

Re: MMA/Grappling Gloves - HELP! - 08/06/06 05:12 PM

If you're wanting them for competition, you will have to check with the organizers of whatever event you plan on competiting in and see what they require.

Check out Combat Sports for a variety of different styles.

-John

Re: MMA/Grappling Gloves - HELP! - 08/07/06 03:21 PM

Awesome, thanks for the help.
Posted by: oldman

Re: MMA/Grappling Gloves - HELP! - 08/07/06 03:34 PM

Aidyn,
Combat Sports is an offshoot of Ringside. They have been in business for a long time and give good service. They are only a few miles from my home.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I have been using these gloves and like them, though, they are a bit cumbersome when grappling.

Re: MMA/Grappling Gloves - HELP! - 08/07/06 03:39 PM

Yeh those look like they are pretty nice. I have some ringside products for boxing and I really like the quality. Those look a bit bulky in the front though.
Posted by: FightCanada

Re: MMA/Grappling Gloves - HELP! - 08/10/06 06:38 AM

They Cage style gloves are probably better for competition, or the amateur comp ones are pretty good, allows you to fit a wrap underneath comfortably. Those IMF shooto ones are more training, then competition.

Quote:

Yeh those look like they are pretty nice. I have some ringside products for boxing and I really like the quality. Those look a bit bulky in the front though.