No-limb submission fighter

Posted by: MattJ

No-limb submission fighter - 08/04/06 03:37 PM

Saw this on Bullshido. Guy seems to have pretty good positional skills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWhByQuLSPI
Posted by: Dereck

Re: No-limb submission fighter - 08/04/06 04:00 PM

I give my props to this guy.

Not to take anything away from this guy but his opponent I think was pretty green at best. It would be hard to grapple this guy because arm/leg/heel bar would be out of the question. The only thing I can think of at this time to win against him would be to choke him out or exhaust him by using your full weight on him. There are probably other ways but the only two that come to my mind at this time. If his opponent had good upper body strength then he would be tossed around alot. I think because he does not have any limbs then his weight keeps him down in the lower weight classes, as the guy he grappled against couldn't have weighed more then a twig.

Again I give this guy his dues as when I grapple I use my arm and legs a lot ... and am just getting into realizing how much more I can use my legs like hands to pull, push, lift, etc. This guy is limited to what he can do and he still uses that to his advantage.

Posted by: BigRod

Re: No-limb submission fighter - 08/04/06 07:55 PM

Seems to me your best, and only strategy is to win by points. I noticed he took the guys back, but had nowhere to put his hooks! May some type of choke would be good.
Posted by: AikiGhost

Re: No-limb submission fighter - 08/24/06 11:54 AM

Id fight him with full MMA rules, I think I might win that one
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: No-limb submission fighter - 08/25/06 12:26 AM

I have seen him fight before. he was good in high school and in college. I saw him weight lifting on tv once he is extremely strong. They showed him training in judo on tv as well.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: No-limb submission fighter - 08/25/06 01:21 AM

No offense, but how does he lift weights? He doesn't have hands.

He has an unfair advantage in that all of his weight (read: strength) is in his torso. Get another person who has the same size/build torso of him and he'll be torn up.

Props to him for going out, but it seems unfair either way.
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: No-limb submission fighter - 08/25/06 11:08 PM

The weight hang from slings. For example when he benches they hang the weights under him and he presses them. In high school I believe he was in the 103 weight class and was amazing. He is much stronger then the average 103 teen.
Posted by: migo

Re: No-limb submission fighter - 09/03/06 05:41 AM

The guy is Kyle Maynard, IIRC he came in second in the NAGA division he competed in. He also has a two digit high school wrestling record with something close to a 2:1 win:loss ratio.