Tons of BJJ Technique Videos - Abhaya Returns

Posted by: Aesopian

Tons of BJJ Technique Videos - Abhaya Returns - 06/01/06 10:34 PM

Some of you may remember Abhaya.ca, the website for a Canadian school run by (now) brown belt Rowan Cunningham. It used to feature the most complete free technique section of any BJJ site (let alone any single school) with videos explaining a wide range of techniques from all major positions. The instruction was detailed and well explained, and the moves were solid basics, not just flashy gimmicks. All was well until the success of the site killed it -- the bandwidth demands brought down the videos. And this caused much :'(

I thought these videos were lost, but I was fortunate enough to find that a friend had saved all of the videos. So now, with the Magic of the Internet (and with the permission of their webmaster), I present:

72 BJJ technique videos by Abhaya.ca »

The lists of clips on Google Videos comes from searching for "abhaya bjj", so if you want to find a certain techniques, you can just add another keyword to the search. For example, "abhaya bjj armbar" gives you all the armbar techniques. You can do this for chokes, mount, escapes, side control, guard, etc. or even go as specific as butterfly guard sweep.

You can download all of the videos in a zip file here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4XDAB7XU

I'm basically just totally awesome.

Enjoy.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Tons of BJJ Technique Videos - Abhaya Returns - 06/02/06 10:44 AM

Sweet! Thanks Aesopian, great find.
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: Tons of BJJ Technique Videos - Abhaya Returns - 06/02/06 12:37 PM

Very nice. Thank you sir.
Posted by: jc4199

Re: Tons of BJJ Technique Videos - Abhaya Returns - 06/03/06 11:29 PM

Wow great find. Would be cool to add this to the Sticky topic of Grappling links.
Thanks
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Tons of BJJ Technique Videos - Abhaya Returns - 06/04/06 12:20 PM

Done.
Posted by: SusanM

Re: Tons of BJJ Technique Videos - Abhaya Returns - 06/04/06 05:48 PM

Thanks so much for the great site...I have just started taking BJJ classes, and I tend to have to see things over and over again before they sink in, LOL. Being able to view these techniques at any time, will be a great help.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Tons of BJJ Technique Videos - Abhaya Returns - 06/04/06 11:09 PM

Awesome find, thank you very much.
Posted by: mikez

Re: Tons of BJJ Technique Videos - Abhaya Returns - 06/06/06 06:17 PM

Very good material, thanks for the find! To add to your collection, there is also a technique posted weekly here:

JJ Machado techniques

enjoy!
Posted by: Aesopian

Re: Tons of BJJ Technique Videos - Abhaya Returns - 06/07/06 04:44 PM

Awesome, I didn't know that Jean-Jacques site had started doign techniques of the week. Thanks!