First BJJ class tonight! OMG!

Posted by: Diabolic

First BJJ class tonight! OMG! - 03/06/06 11:42 PM

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!
Tonight I attended my first BJJ class at Claudio Franco's. I am an addict already, why I never got turned onto this before now is a mystery to me!

This has to be the funnest, and sickest sport out there. I wasnt allowed to spar tonight but man o man, the first 30 minutes was all stretching and exercises and I swear I have never had a workout like tonights. The next 30 minutes was techniques involving chokes and passes. And the last 1 hour was sparring. I have played football, baseball, wrestling, golf and none of them have ever generated this much enthusiasm and excitement for me.
Much respect for all you long time BJJ'ers!
Posted by: TylerW

Re: First BJJ class tonight! OMG! - 03/06/06 11:49 PM

Glad you had fun.
Posted by: OneInchPunchMaster

Re: First BJJ class tonight! OMG! - 03/07/06 05:55 PM

You'll love BJJ man. Looks like your doing Traditional (Sport) Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Wait till you get to the guillotine chokes!
Posted by: Diabolic

Re: First BJJ class tonight! OMG! - 03/08/06 01:56 AM

Well I attended class again tonight, badass is all I can say. I am amazed at how friendly everyone is, no one has an ego. Everyone is willing to help eachother.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: First BJJ class tonight! OMG! - 03/08/06 02:03 AM

Working with people with no egos has helped me advance so much more. I would have to say I had a bit of and ego in the beginning and when we compete I do still a bit. But when it is training I feel really good when I show a technique that I understand to somebody who doesn't. Or exchanging of ideas while grappling where you stop and say "can I try this", or "this would work better", or "what would you suggest doing here?".
Posted by: mikez

Re: First BJJ class tonight! OMG! - 03/17/06 02:10 PM

Right on, man!

My bro is a brown belt under JJ Machado. He invited me to the school a couple years ago and I marveled watching everyone doing their thing. Coming from a formal stand-up style in Kenpo where everyone "must bow" and do all kinds of weird gestures of respect, these grapplers could take your heads off, but never come across as being egotistical or cocky, and the whole dojo is so relaxed and friendly.

Keep training hard. You're gonna have periods of major frustration, but keep going. It will all pay off for you!