guy catching bullets with his teeth

Posted by: kungfutrainer

guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 12:46 PM

I have a friend house father was trained extensivly in martial arts. The first style he took up I believe he said was gang ryu (Im not sure how to spell it). His sensei performed many demonstrations of catching a bullet with a pair of iron jaws he would attch to his mouth. My question is: has anyone else heard of this sort of thing and if so how may I learn this technique. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 12:51 PM

Posted by: phoenixsflame

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 12:52 PM

I've heard of Penn and Teller doing this "Demonstration"...

But, they're magicians and not Martial Artists.

I'd tend to think the same of anyone who did this also.
Posted by: kungfutrainer

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 12:56 PM

It's not like this guy who told me is untrustworthy. He saw it happen. I figure that with all the people here someone must know something about it.
Posted by: oldman

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 01:07 PM

I once saw a moose pull a Lion and a Rhinoserous out of a hat.

Then he realised he needed another hat.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 01:54 PM

Joel, I don't think this had the impact that you wanted. I think he was suppose to be banging his head against the wall.

When they say "Don't try this at home" ... I wouldn't try this at home ... or anywhere else. Guns are not something to fool around with. You can have good intentions but somebody is more likely to blow off somebody's head. How do you train for something like this? YOU DON'T.

Kungfutrainer, something like this is not something you decide one day to do on a whim. If this is real then it would take decades to train for. If you are serious then you had better talk to your friend's Dad and let him put you in contact with the person who does it. Only he can train you properly and safely. You can't come on to a forum and ask something so ludicrous as some idiot may give you some wrong information when they have no right to that may end up getting you killed. Seek a professional if you are serious about it. If you are serious about it then I highly doubt you would be asking on a forum.

My vote ... lock this thread down before this gets to far gone.
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 02:02 PM

"Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat!"

"Again?!"

"Nuthin up my sleeve!"

"ROWWWWRRRRRR!!!" as lion comes out of hat.

"Gotta get me another hat!"

I would move this thread but I am not sure where to move it to. I am up for suggestions before I lock it.

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 02:05 PM

Hey Fletch, I know where you can put it!!
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 02:18 PM

In my opinion, this thread shouldn't be locked. It should be deleted outright.

Anyone who believes you can actually catch a bullet with any part of your body without getting seriously injured (or killed) is a dangerous combination of crazy and stupid.

I have a feeling we'll be reading about kungfutrainer in the Darwin Awards.

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 02:22 PM

Technically he thinks you can catch a bullet with a metal attachment to your teeth.

Either delete it or send it to the talk forum and then I'll send it to another forum. It'll be like ping pong.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 02:40 PM

yeah, but can he fight?
Posted by: DullBlade42

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 03:02 PM

Quote:

Joel, I don't think this had the impact that you wanted. I think he was suppose to be banging his head against the wall.

Yeah, it just looks like a pole dancer getting aroused possibly by the idea of catching a bullet between someone's teeth.

Wait, you want to learn this technique? This is a technique? Does this have anything to do with Martial Arts? I guess if you were really determined to do this demonstration , try first with a raisin or something.

But, uh, I don't know much about catching a bullet between my teeth. I'm not sure if this technique is effective in the streets.

Oh and (Sorry, I had to) maybe you should seek the help of a qualified instructor.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: guy catching bullets with his teeth - 12/07/05 03:38 PM

Quote:

I would move this thread but I am not sure where to move it to. I am up for suggestions before I lock it.

Maybe Fighting Arts can create a Forum called "Wild, Crazy and the Insane". Then we can put stuff like this in there and if people want to visit it and have a wack at it then wack away.