George st pierre

Posted by: gojuwarrior

George st pierre - 12/02/05 04:27 PM

Does anyone know what his base style is?He has very good stand up,and i think he can take hughes if they went at it again.
Posted by: fattts14

Re: George st pierre - 12/02/05 04:46 PM

http://www.mmaringreport.com/interview/interview_stpierre.htm

He is gonna win aginst Hughes!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Dereck

Re: George st pierre - 12/02/05 05:45 PM

One of George's training partners is fellow Canadian David Loiseau (14-4 MMA Record). David started out in Taekwondo and is a black belt, went into Kick Boxing and now does Muay Thai, boxing and submission wrestling.

George is the man and WILL beat Hughes if the UFC will line it up.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: George st pierre - 12/02/05 08:32 PM

I believe they both had a TKD background as they both love that spinning back kick and are quite good at it.

Now its just like everyone else; a mix of Brazilian jiu-jitsu, wrestling, and kickboxing.

I'll say this much, if St. Pierre beats Hughes, he definitely will deserve to be the champion because Hughes is GOOD!!!

I think that St. Pierre has a better stand-up game and may be able to avoid Hughes takedowns. He may even be able to take Hughes down but we'll see about that. I think if he can keep the fight standing or get the takedown himself, he can win.

I wouldn't put ANY money on this one though.

-John
Posted by: BrianS

Re: George st pierre - 12/07/05 04:52 AM

I wouldn't either. Hughes beat him once already,why not this time? St.Pierre is good and even landed the spin side kick on hughes once before,but it didn't have enough effect for him to win. He might win,but Hughes will be favored,even though his personality sucks,lol!
Posted by: shaokhan79

Re: George st pierre - 12/08/05 06:34 PM

Quote:

I believe they both had a TKD background as they both love that spinning back kick and are quite good at it.

Now its just like everyone else; a mix of Brazilian jiu-jitsu, wrestling, and kickboxing.

I'll say this much, if St. Pierre beats Hughes, he definitely will deserve to be the champion because Hughes is GOOD!!!

I think that St. Pierre has a better stand-up game and may be able to avoid Hughes takedowns. He may even be able to take Hughes down but we'll see about that. I think if he can keep the fight standing or get the takedown himself, he can win.

I wouldn't put ANY money on this one though.

-John

actually, GSP did kyokushin karate before the usual mma boxing/JJ-BJJ stuff.

David Loiseau has the TKD background...
Posted by: Alex89

Re: George st pierre - 12/08/05 09:55 PM

I know that this has nothing to do about your question, but my gym teachers nephew trains with george st-pierre. My teacher said that his nephew is in the corner of george st-pierre fights.
Goerge St-Pierre should beat Hughes.
Posted by: combatchaz

Re: George st pierre - 12/12/05 02:14 PM

Anyone get his DVD Instructional?
Posted by: Mike_L

Re: George st pierre - 12/13/05 12:23 PM

I would love to see Georges "rush" st.pierre beat Matt hughes! But, I can think of a better fight! David L. drops down to welter weight and fights st.Pierre, that would be a good fight!

Re: George st pierre - 12/13/05 01:49 PM

Buddies and training partners ... battling it out. They would do well together but I'd rather see Matt Hughes get finished by some wicked elbows.
Posted by: sophia

Re: George st pierre - 12/19/05 03:00 PM

I notice that the people willing to call the fight in favour of St.Pierre are all Canucks

Re: George st pierre - 12/19/05 03:10 PM

GSP is hosting a seminar at Combat Arts in Missasouga in February I believe...I will post more info when I get it.
Posted by: CLP

Re: George st pierre - 12/22/05 04:49 AM

Dudes on a roll. But rumour is hes fighting BJ Penn first, and he;ll sure as hell have his hands full with that one. I dont know when the last time BJ fought was but hes such a natural that I wouldnt be surprised if he rolls right through GSP
Posted by: Tino

Re: George st pierre - 12/22/05 10:37 AM

I think that will be a great fight.And Fatts14 thanks for the cool article on GSP.
Posted by: 1neikoot

Re: George st pierre - 12/23/05 12:12 PM

I don't know exactly what Goerge trains but I think its MMA'ts cause he's coming down to my studio in 3-4 weeks and I might have the time to go to his seminar.

Re: George st pierre - 12/24/05 12:03 AM

Well, Loiseau and St-pierre train at a gym thats not too far from where I live, and they teach BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing, Tae kwon do and the like in the gym. My friend went there and he said that you couldn't even train with St-Pierre or Loiseau.
Posted by: Tino

Re: George st pierre - 12/24/05 08:47 PM

Quote:

Well, Loiseau and St-pierre train at a gym thats not too far from where I live, and they teach BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing, Tae kwon do and the like in the gym. My friend went there and he said that you couldn't even train with St-Pierre or Loiseau.

Just curious,why is this?

Re: George st pierre - 01/04/06 10:35 PM

No clue man.

Re: George st pierre - 01/04/06 11:26 PM

Just as a note, George St. Pierre will be in Vancouver putting on a seminar for Saturday, January 7, 2006 and Sunday, January 8, 2006. My Instructor and I discussed going to this on the weekend but thought it may be too late so sign up plus book flights, accomodations and rental car.

Not only that we both have plans if things work out to go to Spokane for Saturday, January 28, 2006 for a seminar put on by 7th Degree BB Rigan Machado. Tomorrow I make the phone calls to see if any room is available and then to see what flight costs are.

Re: George st pierre - 01/05/06 02:47 PM

here is the link and info for GSP's seminar I talked about... http://www.kombatarts.com/main.html
Anyone planning on attending?
Posted by: 1neikoot

Re: George st pierre - 01/05/06 03:22 PM

You train at Kombat arts Fatts?

Re: George st pierre - 01/05/06 03:28 PM

No at Ultimate Martial Arts in Scarborough. But some of the boys and myself might check out the seminar.