matt hughs versus who?

Posted by: Raul Perez

matt hughs versus who? - 11/01/05 11:19 PM

Why is matt hughs now fighting Riggs? Wasnt he supposed to fight some judo guy this Saturday? What happened to him?
Posted by: JoelM

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/02/05 02:29 AM

I think the title fight is next week or the week after. They do show some reruns on Spike TV and Fox Sports sometimes, that may be what you saw.
Posted by: Belnick

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/02/05 03:14 AM

Quote:

I think the title fight is next week or the week after. They do show some reruns on Spike TV and Fox Sports sometimes, that may be what you saw.

19th UFC 56

Matt Hughes vs Karo Pariysan
Rich Franklin vs Nate Quarry
Jeremy Horn vs Mike Van Arsdale
Tim Sylvia vs Aussuerio Silva
Stephan Bonnar vs James Irvin

donno if there were more fights

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/02/05 03:20 AM

Quote:

Now THAT'S what I want to see!!

Admittedly I haven't heard anything about the others.

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/02/05 04:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

yepp, so do, but I find it hard betting on this fight, I do think rich wins, but I cant be sure
Posted by: fattts14

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/02/05 12:47 PM

YOU ARE RIGHT! Karo is out, and Joe "diesel" riggs gets the title shot. Not too sure why. You can check it out on www.ufc.tv.com there is an interview with Parysian, but I don't have speakers at my work so I can't listen to it right now!

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/02/05 12:49 PM

sorry here is the full story on why Parysian is out
http://www.ufc.tv/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=1803

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/02/05 01:00 PM

YOWCH!! If you watch the video he shows his leg at the end, it's almost all black on the backside.

http://www.ufc.tv/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.Detail&gid=1771
Posted by: cannonfodder

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/03/05 02:46 AM

a black belt at my school had a similiar mark when he popped a hamstring during class one day. YIKES!!
Posted by: Tino

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/05/05 07:40 AM

Thats disappointing, I just watched Parysian on UFC unleashed last week and he was awesome.Excellent Judo skills.I really would have liked to see him fight Hughes.
Posted by: Galen

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/07/05 12:11 PM

I would love to see ANYONE beat Hughes. I cant stand that arrogant little weasel.

Oops...sorry...got carried away there...

Galen
Posted by: ToddR

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/10/05 11:03 AM

Yeah, I don't think this season of "The Ultimate Fighter" did much to improve his image. The guy is a total bada$$ but I enjoy seeing guys like Couture and Franklin who have class and humility in addition to awe-inspiring MA skills.

I'd love to see Hughes lose but I don't think it's going to happen in this fight.

Now, the Franklin vs. Quarry fight is going to be awesome! I gotta agree that it would be hard to bet against Franklin but you never know--this could be an epic battle (let's hope so!)
Posted by: Neko456

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/10/05 12:57 PM

Hughes opponent has a punchers chance he probably can't match Matt on the ground unless he's on top. I don't like Matts' attitude he is a bit arogant, do I want him to loose not yet. I don't think its bragging if its true.

After seeing Matt survive a near knockout and counter fully engage RNC he has a the heart of a Champion. It would be hard to submit him unless he was stunned early on or he gets KO'd. His opponent got good stand up skills.

I like Rich Franklin he is a class act, Quarry can hit and might be better on the ground? Maybe?
Posted by: jaret345

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/10/05 02:28 PM

why did karo drop out anyway? i couldn't get the video to work
Posted by: Dereck

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/10/05 02:45 PM

Tore a hamstring and the back of his leg is black ... and I mean black.
Posted by: aoishi

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/16/05 11:20 PM

Yep, I ruptured both hamstrings at the same time once and I had those exact marks, same location. I'm fine now by the way even though a doctor friend told me those never really heal up. BTW, I did this playing softball (running from home plate after hotting ball) before starting MA. Now in shape from training, I don't think it could happen again.
Posted by: JKogas

Picks - 11/17/05 07:21 PM

So what are all of your picks for the upcoming fights?

Here are my OWN:

*Franklin vs. Quarry: My heart says Quarry but my head says Franklin. Going with my heart on this one; Quarry.

*Hughes vs. Riggs: Easy one. Hughes. Could be wrong but against top-line talent, Riggs has been beaten. Hughes is among the BEST EVER. Hughes here.

*St. Pierre vs. Sherk: WOW! This could be the closest of the night. I believe St. Pierre is more well rounded whereas Sherk is more one diminsional. Of course I could be wrong there. Gotta go with what I know - St. Pierre in this one.

*Horn vs. Prangley: Should be a win for the veteran - at least it should be easier than a fight against Liddell. Going with Horn.

*Jordan vs. Gonzaga: Who the hell are THESE guys, lol?! Only one I know is Kevin Jordan so I'm going with him. Hows THAT for scientific breakdowns, lol?

*Hoger vs. Newton: Ultimate Fighter reality shows be DAMNED! I'm pulling for Newton against Hoger. Hoger is tough, but he was on a reality show. As good as that one was, I hate reality shows on PRINCIPLE! Going with Newton in this one. (I really couldn't say with any certainty WHO would win anyway....)

*Thompson vs. Wisniewski: ???? Flip a coin folks....

*Alves vs. Chalangov: Keep that coin available for this one as well. Your guess is as good as mine.

-John

Posted by: Dereck

Re: Picks - 11/18/05 03:18 AM

John I think you've got this spot on with a few exceptions. I think Hoger will win his fight. My heart as well says Nate Quarry but Rich Franklin is the favorite. I think it will be a good fight and Rich will get rocked a few times but I think in the end that he'll win ... but I'd like to see Nate come out on top.

I'll be watching Saturday night ... glued to the tube. You and I can cheer Nate on see what happens. Positive thoughts.

Re: Picks - 11/18/05 03:18 AM

Quote:

So what are all of your picks for the upcoming fights?

Here are my OWN:

*Franklin vs. Quarry: My heart says Quarry but my head says Franklin. Going with my heart on this one; Quarry.

*Hughes vs. Riggs: Easy one. Hughes. Could be wrong but against top-line talent, Riggs has been beaten. Hughes is among the BEST EVER. Hughes here.

*St. Pierre vs. Sherk: WOW! This could be the closest of the night. I believe St. Pierre is more well rounded whereas Sherk is more one diminsional. Of course I could be wrong there. Gotta go with what I know - St. Pierre in this one.

*Horn vs. Prangley: Should be a win for the veteran - at least it should be easier than a fight against Liddell. Going with Horn.

*Jordan vs. Gonzaga: Who the hell are THESE guys, lol?! Only one I know is Kevin Jordan so I'm going with him. Hows THAT for scientific breakdowns, lol?

*Hoger vs. Newton: Ultimate Fighter reality shows be DAMNED! I'm pulling for Newton against Hoger. Hoger is tough, but he was on a reality show. As good as that one was, I hate reality shows on PRINCIPLE! Going with Newton in this one. (I really couldn't say with any certainty WHO would win anyway....)

*Thompson vs. Wisniewski: ???? Flip a coin folks....

*Alves vs. Chalangov: Keep that coin available for this one as well. Your guess is as good as mine.

-John

Franklin vs. Quarry, want quarry to win, but I think I will bet on Franklin to win my money, might do a sidebet with this one and add to some of the other fights
so Franklin to win here

Hughes vs. Riggs, hughes, no doubt
know it is wrong, but I see riggs as a "rookie"

Horn vs. Prangley, Horn to win this one...

damnit, have to get back to work....
Posted by: masterfoofighta

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/18/05 04:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Official Fights:

UFC Middleweight (185 pound) Championship Main Event:
Rich Franklin > Nate Quarry

UFC Welterweight (170 pound) Championship Co-Main Event:
Matt Hughes >. Joe Riggs

UFC Welterweight (170 pound) Bout:
Georges St-Pierre Vs. Sean Sherk “fight of the year”

UFC Middleweight (185 pound) Bout:
Jeremy Horn Vs. Trevor Prangley

Nick Thompson Vs. Keith Wisniewski

pick your faves.

Re: matt hughs versus who? - 11/18/05 06:10 AM

I did not think hughes was so tiny, he looks alot bigger than 2/3 of my weight

then again to compete in welterweight I guess he has to be

and I will not bet on the other fight, only the 3 picks I chosed in my last post

Re: Picks - 11/18/05 01:28 PM

Nate Quarry stands a chance if he keeps his frigin hands up. He leaves his face open alot when he comes in to strike. It hasn't been a problem yet, fighting some less expeienced guys. But I think Franklin will catch him with his gaurd down.
Hughs wins - for sure.
GSP vs Sherk - One intense fight. Sherk handed Hughes a loss before and GSP lost to Hughes (lucky win, GSP controlled thw whole fight until the armbar). But I still have to go with my fellow countryman.
Horn wins.
The rest I dont have a clue.
Posted by: devinw

Re: Picks - 11/19/05 02:48 AM

Official Fights:

UFC Middleweight (185 pound) Championship Main Event:
My Pick - Rich Franklin -

Franklin is a smart fighter and is a little more comfortable wherever the fight goes standing, on the ground, or against the cage, Then his excellent opponent Nathan Quarry.

(Jim Carrey could play him in a future movie

UFC Welterweight (170 pound) Non-Title Bout Co-Main Event:

Riggs Fails to Make Weight; Fight Versus Hughes Now A Non-Title Bout -By Thomas Gerbasi My Pick >. Matt Hughes -

He has been working out here in Utah in Salt Lake at Jeremy Horn's Elite Performance Gym lately.but Joe Riggs traveled to train out here with Jeremy Horn not to long ago.

When Hughes does slam you or takes you down to the mat Hughes’ strikes – whether they’re punches, elbows, or forearms - are devastating.

Hughes work ethic keeps him a well conditioned athlte,Add in his top class wrestling, and submission skills that have seen beat Trigg and St. Pierre.

He who has only lost once in the last 4 years and only 4 times since his start in 1998

My Pick -St-Pierre

St. Pierre must concede that Jason Miller is a more skilled stand up , but St. Pierre skilled wrestler, VERY good with submissions. I think Pierre will be ready for it.

UFC Middleweight (185 pound) Bout:
My Pick -Jeremy Horn

He has had over one hundred fights and has fought around the world taking on the best fighters in al different wieghts . Exanmples middleweight, light heavyweight, and even heavyweight divisions.Prangley is a GREAT wrestler from Idaho a good ground and pound game, and some submission. He has about 13 fights in his MMA Record .
Look for an quick ending to this fight by unexpected submission from Jeremy Horn

UFC Welterweight Bout:
My pick-Nick Thompson

Humbly posted
Devin Willis