Vegetarian fighter again

Posted by: JoelM

Vegetarian fighter again - 10/25/05 01:06 AM

Yes, Luke Cuomo fought and won again. I have to say, I was a bit worried at the start of each round, he let in a few punches. Got rocked a couple of times but was able to recover and stand his ground. Attempted a few submissions and held his own on the ground, which is where everybody else said they would take him.

Did anybody else see that Van Damme move where he got hit, went down, propped himself with his hand, and kicked. Maybe not the most intentional, but that made me crack up.

Big props to Sam for putting up a good fight, it really could have gone either way but I do think that Luke's conditioning has helped him in both fights. No shame on Sam for crying, he lost a big fight and a big chance, but he was a pro about it.

episode review by Forrest and Stephan:
http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/ultimatefighter2/said/episode_10.jhtml
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Vegetarian fighter again - 10/25/05 10:21 AM

I happy for him he seems to have a very versitle style and adapt at all ranges, Obviously even kicking from the ground.
I hope that he does well in his last match, who won the HW match? Was it a KO? I'm going to have to catch the next show and the rerun. Good luck Luke, may the force be with you.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Vegetarian fighter again - 10/25/05 12:00 PM

I was wondering about Luke when it started and figured as an underdog he would do well. Now he has made it to the Octagon Ring for the finally and it will most likely be Joe Stevenson.

It would be nice to see Jason Von Flue be able to fight Joe Stevenson instead of Marcus Davis (I believe that is who is coming back). Though I like Joe it would be interesting to see Jason as the big underdog win the fight and to show up Matt Hughes again.

I'll be watching with anticipation.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Vegetarian fighter again - 10/25/05 12:20 PM

I'll be out of town during the finals!!!! arrrghh

Time to learn how to program my VCR.

Anybody care to donate a Tivo set to me?
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: Vegetarian fighter again - 10/25/05 03:27 PM

Luke Cummo is from Long Island, New York... nuff said! That boy is great! He takes on 2 very tough competitors and makes one look pathetic and makes the other one cry (not that there's anything wrong with that).

In my book... Luke is now an official card carrying Bad A$$. Regardless if Joe beats him in the finals (cause we all know Joe has such an easy fight comming up in the Semi) Luke has already proven himself a worthy competitor.
Posted by: Talimas

Re: Vegetarian fighter again - 10/25/05 05:22 PM

Wow that was a great fight. Both guys actually went in there to win and they definately brawled. What a knee to finish it. I would have to say it has been by far the best fight this season, and I would actually rank it amongst last season.

I guess this will be on next Monday and Tuesday to cover the rest of the fights which will be nice.

Jason or Marcus, either of these guys fighting should be cake for Joe, but god would I love to see either of them come out and beat him. Personally I would love to see Luke and Marcus in the finals and Rashad and Seth in the finals, not because I think these are the 4 best fighters left, mainly because I think those would be the 2 most entertaining fights.
Posted by: rookie

Re: Vegetarian fighter again - 10/25/05 05:39 PM

Great fight. I was hoping Luke would pull it out. That knee was just sickening!
Anyway, does anyoe else still have a hard time picturing the figthers on this season in the actual UFC? I mean Nate Quary from Season 1 is fighting Rich Franklin soon (I think Light Heavyweight) for the title. And Forrest Griffen has looked good in recent fights. Can any of you picture Luke or any of them in there with Matt Hughes???
Posted by: Tino

Re: Vegetarian fighter again - 10/25/05 09:04 PM

Awesome fight,one of the best this season so far.God I love this show.Luke was awesome as was Sammy,both showing tremendous heart.I thought Sammy may have had him in the second round with the arm bar but time was on Luke's side there.Luke was great and he's only going to get better.
Posted by: Talimas

Re: Vegetarian fighter again - 10/25/05 10:17 PM

I could see a couple of these guys in UFC, but not nearly like the 1st season. Did anyone else see Jorge in Franklin's corner when Franklin won the title, just caught that a bit ago when they showed a replay of it. Anyways, Marcus could probably standup in the UFC if his ground game gets better, Jorge will probably pop up there, Luke only seems to be getting better and more confident, so I guess there is potential for a bunch of them to be in there and hold their own. I just don't see title holders coming out of season 2 anytime soon like season 1 has the potential for.
Posted by: Tino

Re: Vegetarian fighter again - 10/25/05 10:29 PM

I did see that it was on UFC Unleashed last week, Jorge was in Franklins corner so they must be pretty tight.