Why do they get tired so fast

Posted by: QuietGuy

Why do they get tired so fast - 10/23/05 07:30 PM

I watch a lot of professional fights on TV like ufc, boxing, etc ect, and ive noticed that most of the fighters for each style gets tired way to fast and I don't understand why. If someone fights for a living shouldn't they be able to last the whole time if they had to without nearly falling over. Some guys even get visibly tired after only one min of fighting. Could it be to much grappling using strength instead of technique? Too much weight. Not enough endurance workouts? Can any one help me understand this problem so I can train myself so I wont get like this.
Posted by: Christie

Re: Why do they get tired so fast - 10/23/05 07:44 PM

Adrenline

Training for a fight and the actual fight, are two different things.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Why do they get tired so fast - 10/23/05 07:47 PM

Three things really. The adrenaline being one. Lack of proper conditioning and inexperience fighting at that level all factor in.

Sometimes fighters get injured during their fights and that can play a big factor as well.

-John
Posted by: h2whoa

Re: Why do they get tired so fast - 10/23/05 08:15 PM

Quote:

Adrenline

Training for a fight and the actual fight, are two different things.

Christie, I concur!

*bows respectfully*
Posted by: pathfinder7195

Re: Why do they get tired so fast - 10/23/05 09:15 PM

It is also due to the lack of high quality fighters. When you go to a boxing match they have a few fights before the main bout and you can see major differences in skill levels between the two. Everybody wants the chance to compete at the higher level and that usually requires a few more rounds than they were used too.

Kevin
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Why do they get tired so fast - 10/23/05 09:28 PM

Quote by QuietGuy -

Quote:

I watch a lot of professional fights on TV like ufc, boxing, etc ect, and ive noticed that most of the fighters for each style gets tired way to fast and I don't understand why. If someone fights for a living shouldn't they be able to last the whole time if they had to without nearly falling over.

No offense, bro......but I'm guessing you don't do a whole lot of full contact or NHB type training? You would be amazed at how a good hard hit to you can take the wind right out of your sails. Try doing some good hard sparring with someone that knows what they are doing.

You will understand real fast.
Posted by: BigRod

Re: Why do they get tired so fast - 10/24/05 04:44 PM

I second your post Matt!
Posted by: QuietGuy

Re: Why do they get tired so fast - 10/24/05 05:42 PM

No offense, bro......but I'm guessing you don't do a whole lot of full contact or NHB type training? You would be amazed at how a good hard hit to you can take the wind right out of your sails. Try doing some good hard sparring with someone that knows what they are doing.

You will understand real fast.

I do a lot of hard training and I do get tired but that's not my point. I don't get paid to fight and I don't have all there resources that they have or I would be a lot better. Its just my opinion that if that's there job shouldn't they be more prepared for a fight. Shouldn't more full contact sparring help control that adrenalin.
Posted by: RangerG

Re: Why do they get tired so fast - 10/24/05 06:19 PM

Adrenline in combination with mental strain, tensed muscles and intense visual awareness. You are operating on a higher level...burning the candle at both ends...with a blowtorch. Mental exhaustion is as real and debilitating as physical exhaustion.
Posted by: Talimas

Re: Why do they get tired so fast - 10/25/05 05:36 PM

Just because they are paid doesn't make their bodies physically different. Yes they do train more often and probably harder then we do, but there is still a limit to which they will cause damage to themselves to pass.

Also for a lot of those guys you are probably watching this is their paycheck, not a nice set salary, winning that fight, yes the one your watching, could be what determines if they continue training for the next few months, like someone else said maybe they got injured in training, which causes the body to fatigue more quickly, or maybe that right hook to the jaw you saw them take in the first round is what caused some injury that is now fatiging them very quickly.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Why do they get tired so fast - 10/25/05 05:51 PM

Or like myself and others, you try and try to get the advantage of the other person and you always feel thwarted. This plays mind tricks and emotionally dumps you which causes a form of fatigue. I have had this sparring, wrestling, arm wrestling, etc. Sometimes it boils down to who wants it more or who can control the emotions.

The biggest example I can think of this is on the Ultimate Fighter 2 with Rashad Evans against Mike Whitehead. Mike had probably the best cardio of all of the heavyweights and the welterweights but when it came to the actual fight he was mush. He tried to out wrestle a wrestler and came up short never getting the advantage and that drained him. Don't think for once if he would have gotten Rashad down that he wouldn't have pummelled him. The ending would have been a different story with Mike as the victor. But instead he let his emotions get the best of him and paid for it.