Cro Cop overrated?

Posted by: dynacker

Cro Cop overrated? - 10/04/05 12:09 PM

I know there are quite a few MMA lovers in here, most of them would probably know who Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic is.

In my opinion, he may be an awsome K-1 fighter - but that's just it. Being at the level of a blue belt in BJJ, i don't see him well rounded enough to take the belt ever in Pride. Especially considering the primary competition is Fedor Emelianenko - whom in final conflict, you saw destroy Mirko.

If you look at his fighting statistics at http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterID=2326 you'll notice he has never beaten a top 5 MMA fighter. I don't deny his skill in striking, but he is just not well rounded enough to take the belt.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Cro Cop overrated? - 10/04/05 03:08 PM

Mirko Cro Cop has a killer left high kick. I've never got a chance to see him fight in K-1 though I have seen some hi-lights but I have seen him fight plenty in Pride since 2001.

Two fights that really stick out is his losses to Kevin Randleman and Fedor Emalianenko. I won't take anything away from the guy but in my opinion K-1 is more up his alley then Pride ... though he's there and making a good name for himself. Some of the opponents he's fought I question their calibre as sometimes it just seems they will throw anybody at him just to see him kick them in the head. He's a crowd pleaser and favorite so why not stack up less then high quality fighters against them ... though some have been better then others ... and not that I'd stand a chance.