Music and training

Posted by: IronBones

Music and training - 10/02/05 05:29 PM

Do you guy's listen to any music while you practice? And if so what kind?
Posted by: AikiGhost

Re: Music and training - 10/11/05 11:49 AM

Quote:

Do you guy's listen to any music while you practice? And if so what kind?

Mostly up tempo dance and some metal.
Posted by: trevek

Re: Music and training - 10/14/05 09:33 AM

Depends what kind of training I'm doing. have been known to listen to rock and disco-y stuff for speed and rythym, Celtic folk for patterns etc (even Enya). Even TATu, for fighting little schoolgirls errm!

Capoeira stuff to.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Music and training - 10/14/05 01:02 PM

Music to MA training, it's a "X" generation thing.....no thanks I'm to traditional.
Posted by: harlan

Re: Music and training - 10/14/05 01:04 PM

Same here. No distraction, no numbing, nothing between me and the bo/sai/me.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Music and training - 10/14/05 04:19 PM

Although........the guys that are on our competition team (the young bucks) train every Saturday and have it cranked up all the time. No problem they just pound each other all afternoon and need to be numb anyway
Posted by: VS_Karateka

Re: Music and training - 10/14/05 05:47 PM

YEP!!!
Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting
(All together Now!)
Ding d-d-ding ding ding ding ding............

Lol, nah only joking!

On a more serious note though I do occasionally have the old IPod going. I tend to listen to rock or something. I only really do this if I'm outside practicing say loads of kicking, and a bit more kicking and maybe a bit more. Keeps me motivated.
I tried doing Kata whilst listeming to music, I'll never try that again, I'm quite musical so I'd end up moving in time with the music instead of using the correct timing of the kata
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: Music and training - 10/14/05 09:14 PM

i have trained mma and muay thai with some tribal drumming that my instructor is really into and i gotta say i liked it. i also really like kodo and certain types of middle eastern folk music. or didjeridoo or tuvan throat. but, i digress, i dj and am around music pretty much all the time.
Posted by: Vhaerun

Re: Music and training - 10/19/05 04:26 AM

Rock! Linkin Park or 3 doors down ( Kryptonite ) .
Posted by: Gula

Re: Music and training - 10/20/05 06:14 AM

Sometimes in the bjj class we listen some "aggressive" music. But I find it anoying since you cant sometimes clearly hear what the instructor is saying =(
But when jogging "aggressive music" I think is essential. It keeps the tempo up and not doesnt let your running get sloppy.