It has started!

Posted by: SANCHIN31

It has started! - 08/17/05 04:13 AM

http://www.thegrapplingblueprint.com/

What a shame.
Posted by: sumrandom

Re: It has started! - 08/17/05 04:36 AM

ahh. what can you do but shake your head...

did you get to this from that link i posted in the MA talk forum?

Re: It has started! - 08/17/05 05:15 AM

Quote:

did you get to this from that link i posted in the MA talk forum

Yep.
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: It has started! - 08/17/05 09:39 AM

Ok I'll come clean here

This Loyd Irvin product, " The Grappling Blueprint" is not new. I bought it almost a year ago.

Loyd is truely a phenomenal man. He was seriously injured and almost died in a car wreck. Spent a very long time in rehab/physical therapy and then went on to earn (legitamately) a Black belt in BJJ in just under 4 years.

To be fair, he was a judo Blackbelt and Sambo practioner before the accident.

His books and tapes are pure sports psychology. Goal setting, imagery, focus methods, note taking.

There is nopthing you couldn't learn somewhere else. However he puts it together in a nice package.

I am not going to offer a complete review. I'll say this though. In the 7 months I have been doing BJJ, I have found much of his info useful.

He does not promise a 3 1/2 year BB. Only shows you his methods of getting it.

Is the psychology,info and pep talks worth $100? You be the judge.

As with anything else, I would recommend it to some and not to others, depending on their background.

It was/is useful to me

Page
Posted by: Dereck

Re: It has started! - 08/17/05 01:46 PM

Listen to BuDoc.
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: It has started! - 08/17/05 05:34 PM

Although I have not met Lloyd personally and I don't care for the marketing hype associated with this product, one of his Brown Belts (Brad Cort) came to my school last week. He was a phenom. National Champion and Pan Am Bronze Medalist.

If Brad is any reflection on Lloyd's talent as a coach, I would look into his material seriously. Disregard the hype.
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: It has started! - 08/17/05 09:07 PM

As a side note, I got to meet Rhadi Ferguson last night at ATT in Coconut Creek.

Rhadi is phenomonal as well. An Olympic Medalist in Judo and A BJJ Brown Belt, and also a Loyd Irvin student.

Great guy and he was giving Liborios blackbelts a really tough time.

Page
Posted by: Rainbowtiger

Re: It has started! - 08/17/05 11:55 PM

The grappling blueprint is worth every penny. I know because Lloyd Irvin is my instructor, he teaches his students using the same techniques in the grappling blueprint. I ordered it as a birthday present to myself, although it hasn't arrived, when it does i'll begin developing my BJJ notebook on paper I've already started the mental preparation for the notebook. All martial artists should order the program it doesn't matter if you're a striker or a grappler, Mauy Thai or MMA the program works.

If you can't afford the program right now get on the email list to receive lessons and save up until you can.

Re: It has started! - 08/18/05 04:57 AM

I was just going off of this when I saw the advertisement.

Quote:

The promotion time table is roughly:

White to Blue: 2 years
Blue to Purple: 3 years
Purple to Brown: 3 years
Brown to Black: 3 Years

If what you guys said about it is true it makes you think twice about McDojo's merely by sight and symptoms.
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: It has started! - 08/18/05 06:48 AM

For normal people those numbers add up to a reasonable 11 years for BB.

For Lloyd, who was literally training all the time, it was possible due to an enormous natural talent, fpcus and vision. Grappling BP or not, I don't think the average student will reach BB in under 8-9 years, if that.

Lloyd is just marketing his idea about optimizing/maximizing training time.