Meeting Frank Trigg

Posted by: mma

Meeting Frank Trigg - 08/07/05 04:05 AM

Hey guys. I train over at Ricco Chiapperelli's wrestling gym on Saturdays, and every time I go, I see Frank Trigg there! He's always either training or working out or just sitting around with other guys that train there. I'm such a fan, I've wanted to go up and meet him for the longest time (well, as long as I've been going to Ricco's gym), but its FRANK TRIGG! I'm a meer mortal, I can't just go walk up to him and say "Hey Frank howya doin today, nice ta meetcha."...can I? I wanted to use his fight at Abu Dhabi to go up and talk to him (which I forgot to write about in my review), BUT HE LOST! He slipped and lost to a heel hook, and I can't go up to him and go "Hey I saw you fight at Abu Dhabi," I would've been able to had he won. Darn. I'm registered to fight at the NAGA in september, and it would be so cool to ask Frank what his favorite moves are or if he can show me something or give me some pointers. Man, I'm such a fan and I see him all the time but I'm not worthy! Its Frank Trigg! I'd just love to know how I can go talk to him. Any suggestions?
Posted by: Leonine

Re: Meeting Frank Trigg - 08/07/05 05:17 AM

Well...he's a martial artist like you. If there are others just sitting around talking to him, be like them, and just strike something up with him...don't y'know, grovel or praise him unrelentlessly. Just go up and introduce yourself and go from there.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Meeting Frank Trigg - 08/07/05 05:49 AM

Whilst he may be a star in the MA/MMA community, this does not exactly mean he is driven round in a limo, or being pestered for autographs in the supermarket- he is just another guy to the vast majority of the world, and as such shouldnt have any approachabilty problems IMO.
Just talk to the guy, if you train in the same gym, and you compete then you are equalls. Get over this mental block, what if you end up having to fight him in a couple of years? what you gonna do, freak out and not hit him out of respect?! He is a guy, he will either be pleasant or a jerk, say high and find out