Wrestling Dummies in Action

Posted by: Kintama

Wrestling Dummies in Action - 07/01/05 04:56 PM

anyone actually use these?
https://www.secured-site3.com/wcwrestlingusa/index2.iml?mdl=dummy_video.mdl

I suppose they could build strength, but how effective would something like this be?
Posted by: Fletch1

Re: Wrestling Dummies in Action - 07/02/05 02:51 AM

No, but I have a funny story about one.

a long time ago, Burton Richardson who trains and teaches in Hawaii apparently asked Baret Yoshida (who is a phenomenal guard player) how he got so good at armlocks. Baret explaied to him that when he trained, he did 50 armlocks on the left and 50 on the right, every class.

Thinking that he had found the answer, Burton supposedly got a grappling dummy and was practicing like Baret had told him. 50 on the left and 50 on the right. Baret saw him doing this and asked what he was doing. Burton told him he was following his instructions to 50 left and 50 right.

Baret's response was priceless. "No. I meant that when I went to class I rolled with all the students until I got 50 on the left and ....." you get the picture.

I am not sure how accurate the details of this story are. I hope Burton doesn't mind me sharing it.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Wrestling Dummies in Action - 07/05/05 08:42 AM

Grappling with a training dummy is like having sex with a blow up doll, I think??!!
Posted by: schanne

Re: Wrestling Dummies in Action - 07/05/05 11:00 AM

Why does my name come up as "ananymous"?
Posted by: Mu Ryuk

Re: Wrestling Dummies in Action - 07/14/05 02:38 AM

Quote:

Why does my name come up as "ananymous"?

A better question is "Why can't Schanne spell 'anonymous'?"

I suppose that the dummy could be used for beginners to learn the correct hip movement to do a suplex, lateral, etc...but beyond that, I can't see any real function.

Maybe run around with it for a while to build up stamina?