Manny Agrella ... Grandmaster?

Posted by: hunggarfamily

Manny Agrella ... Grandmaster? - 01/10/13 08:18 PM

I met this guy at a naska ruled kids tournament of amatures which call themselves World Champions when they win. LOL!

This guy agrella was center judge and claimed to be the badesy Mo FO on the planet. He really said the real MoFo by the way. FRom what is said and heard about this guy and after meeting this crack pot I was amazed on how anyone can claim a grandmaster rank. The guy claims to be Praying Mantis Kung Fu Grandmaster however after asking him to demonstrate a simple form he said they don't do forms. His students look more like a combination weak karate made up style and being myself in the kung fu art for over 45 years and holding a very high rank I found Agrella to be a fraud for many many reasons. I could go into my beliefs and facts if anyone wishes to debate or prove my belief
Posted by: cxt

Re: Manny Agrella ... Grandmaster? - 01/14/13 10:20 AM

hungar

Ok:

So you met a bunch of people claiming to be "world champions"--happens quite a bit.

You CLAIM that is what he said--unless you have tape all we have is what you SAY he said with no-way to check.

Yes--ANYONE cam claim pretty much any rank they wish---there is no overall ruleing body for the martial arts. Which is EXACTLY why any martial artist with any degree of experience pays little attention to claims of rank.

I note that YOU ALSO claim to hold "a very high ranking" wink

"I could go into my beliefs and facts if anyone wishes to debate"

Actual "facts" would be nice.

Re: Manny Agrella ... Grandmaster? - 01/18/13 09:56 PM

Some have missed the point of my post about Manny Agrella. This guy indeed is a piece of work. Just because someone is old does not mean the are or were real. Frauds come in all ages and business. Some can decieve the public for a long time. As for "who" I am - and my World Status in the Martial Arts as been seen by the likes of Chuck Norris, Pat Johnson, Joe Lewis. RIP Joe .... and many more need I say more? You see people who claim a rank in an art and have no kata or kumite in tournaments I see them as a fraud who are decieving the public. Myself? _ I love tournaments and love to fight the Kyokushin and JKA Shotokan styles. 50 years in the arts and still competing. Wish other so called grandmasters whould step up to the plate and "play ball".

Re: Manny Agrella ... Grandmaster? - 01/19/13 01:02 PM

I see "professional poster" must be the board owner. due to this board being a fraud like the owners of it it would be beneath my dignity to continue with such cowards who know little of the martial arts if not anything other then professional keyboard cowards. cancel my account fraud. the administrators of this board must be really paranoid of somrone posting the truth about the administrators fraud to monitor every post before it is posted. "BUSTED and OWNED" !!! LOL!!!!
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: Manny Agrella ... Grandmaster? - 01/22/13 04:04 PM

hunggarfamily:

I'm the admin here. Four things:

1: Feel free to post whatever "truth about administrators fraud" you want to. If it is a) true, and b) can be backed up with real evidence, go ahead and say whatever you want.

2: Nobody is "monitoring every post before it is posted". If you had bothered to read the "New Users Take Note" thread I posted at the top of the General board, you'd know that new users must have only their first five posts approved by me. This protects the forums from trolls and ITGs like you.

3: I'm not going to cancel your account, because it's free. You're not paying for anything, so there's nothing to cancel. If you don't want to be a member here, all you have to do is not log in.

4: Please seek the advice of a certified anger management counselor.
Posted by: cxt

Re: Manny Agrella ... Grandmaster? - 01/23/13 11:07 AM

hugger

Wow...you don't address a single one of my points yet you refer to people as "busted and owned"...with exclimation points and all in caps no less....stunning.

I bet you have won all sorts of "matches" by simply claiming victory as well. Much safer and less painful than actually fighting.

"beneath my dignity"

You mean the "dignity" you have displayed so far?? If so then don't worry. You are in no danger of your postings somehow downgrading peoples respect for you. wink See one would have to actually [b]have
dignity to find an act "beneath" it.

But I do wish you would post some actual "facts" about your posts. So far you have done nothing but carp, whine, insult and then run away---while claming high rank for yourself.[/b]
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: Manny Agrella ... Grandmaster? - 08/19/13 02:37 PM

My memories of GM Agrella go back 40 years, in those days he was often running the tournamnts. Even then he was a Grand Master, everyone accepted that. His students did long powerful forms and were among the best fighters in the old Region 10 (NJ, Pa, MD).

Haven't seen them in 36 years living now in NH.

As to was his preying mantis legitimate, not the Mantis I studied or like other Chinese Mantis systems I've seen. But everyone seemed to accept it and his students were dominate then. I recall him telling me he trained with Oyama too.

There is a abundance of systems.