(Rou Chan): Chinese multi-style martial art

Posted by: ddsrs

(Rou Chan): Chinese multi-style martial art - 06/26/11 12:32 PM

(Rou Chan): Chinese multi-style martial art is consist of various number of major Chinese kung fu styles, such as Shaolin, white crane, Wu tang, Ba Qua, Emei and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtcaCglM-7k&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDxuDu8xe_c&feature=channel_video_title
Posted by: Chin_Da01

Re: (Rou Chan): Chinese multi-style martial art - 06/30/11 05:11 PM

I'm not a big fan of arts than combine different styles unless they complement each other.

Knowing if a style complements another in strategy and in tactics can be a complex affair. One just doesn't know that by combining one art with another if it will or won't retard later progress. By later progress I mean the "stage" where the mechanics, the strategies and the tactics all becomes very fluid and natural leaving one the ability to think about the actual dynamics of the fight (timing/tempo... initiative... etc etc) Many of these arts that combine styles or "Cherry pick" techniques usually do more hinder than good at this stage.
Posted by: 47MartialMan

Re: (Rou Chan): Chinese multi-style martial art - 07/05/11 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Chin_Da01
I'm not a big fan of arts than combine different styles unless they complement each other.

Knowing if a style complements another in strategy and in tactics can be a complex affair. One just doesn't know that by combining one art with another if it will or won't retard later progress. By later progress I mean the "stage" where the mechanics, the strategies and the tactics all becomes very fluid and natural leaving one the ability to think about the actual dynamics of the fight (timing/tempo... initiative... etc etc) Many of these arts that combine styles or "Cherry pick" techniques usually do more hinder than good at this stage.

I slightly agree. But JKD comes to mind......
Posted by: Chin_Da01

Re: (Rou Chan): Chinese multi-style martial art - 07/05/11 04:21 PM

Good example...