Drunken Kung Fu

Posted by: DrunkenLee

Drunken Kung Fu - 02/15/11 09:45 PM

Hi, my name is Lee - new to the forum, I hope to find other people interested in Drunken Kung Fu (some say it doesn't exist but then they haven't met my Shifu!). Drunken Boxing is actually quite cool! I am involved in a martial arts school that teaches Drunken Kung Fu to students all over the world. Those of us who are fortunate enough to be able to travel to Canada train full time (35-40 hours a week) with Shifu Ripski, but there is also a new Online Drunken Boxing Course that he is teaching the whole style on - nothing held back. It is cheap too - $15(usd) per month - so everybody can get involved and check it out. Maybe I will see you there? http://www.drunkenboxing.redjademartialarts.com
Posted by: ilhe4e12345

Re: Drunken Kung Fu - 02/16/11 12:34 PM

i have always been interested in Drunken Boxing....i mean yea i have seen Jackie Chan in pretty much every movie use it and i must say....it has always interested me. only problem i have is that there isnt a local place in my area that teaches it.

as for the online courses, i dont know if i would want to do that. not that i dont trust or believe your Sifu. Drunken Fist is a great and very relaxed style but learning online i dont think would be a good enough way to do it. im going to consider it only because adding drunken footwork to my Mantis/Hsing-I would be great to have but....i just dont know

the information is great though! DrunkenLee thank you so much for providing it, as i will further investigate it smile

if you dont mind me asking, how long have you been taking Drunken Boxing? any information you can provide to me would be great as this style has always interested me.
Posted by: 47MartialMan

Re: Drunken Kung Fu - 06/11/11 10:27 PM

I don't think learning any martial art via books, videos, online, is appropriate. Martial arts is to be studied from a live-qualified teacher
Posted by: Akexandros94

Re: Drunken Kung Fu - 09/19/11 07:11 PM

I am very interested in the drunken fist and its acually how I found this site.I live in homestead and I havent been able to find a school in homestead or miami that teaches Drunken Fist.The only one I know of is in orlando 4 hours away from me.I really wanted to learn the Eight Drunken Immortals.So far I am self taught and practice mostly Zhongli Quan's style by using those big big jugs of water.