Traditional Shaolin Weapons 4 sale?

Posted by: BigWiggly

Traditional Shaolin Weapons 4 sale? - 06/15/09 05:55 PM

Hey everyone, I need to find a good site or seller of the standard 73 shaolin weapons, price is not a big issue as long as it is of good quality, not only for training but practical use. Mostly just need standard 9 ring/standard broadswords, kwans, w&f wheels, whip swords, chain whips, spades, daggers, hook swords ect... you get the point. I dont want pansy cheap wobbly wushu weapons. and possibly a good quality gi.

Thanks for any help!
Posted by: DeadlyKnuckles

Re: Traditional Shaolin Weapons 4 sale? - 06/16/09 04:39 AM

What practical use, in this day and age, would you have for any of the weapons you've listed?

Re: Traditional Shaolin Weapons 4 sale? - 06/16/09 03:22 PM

i prefer to practice with real weapons, theres no reason not to use the real things, even when practicing with people. Maybe i'll need to use them for real sometime...
Posted by: Ames

Re: Traditional Shaolin Weapons 4 sale? - 06/16/09 05:18 PM

Quote:

Maybe i'll need to use them for real sometime...

Like sometime when an eccentric scientist turns a Dolorian into a time machine, and you find yourself in 16th century East Asia?

--Chris

Re: Traditional Shaolin Weapons 4 sale? - 06/17/09 02:44 PM

well maybe not quite like that, but i'll roll with it.
Posted by: ShaolinSpirit

Re: Traditional Shaolin Weapons 4 sale? - 08/08/09 11:13 PM

First off I want to say that I also prefer training with real weapons, especially if it's just for my own training. Nothing but a real quality weapon feels like and preforms like it's supposed to.
That being said, I don't know where you are but you can search online for Chinese Shaolin Center. They have locations across the country and many of their instructors care quite alot about the quality of their weapons. I know I have gotten rather nice weapons from my instructor (Phx. location) and he has been known to sell online (check ebay for PaKua Sun moon forks)
I have gotten nicely crafted combat steel broadswords, beautiful custom made *sharp* Tiger hook swords.
If you can't find a shaolin center close enough to get weapons from try looking online for Shaolin-Do as well.
GL